The purpose of the Dr. Betty J. Boyd-Beu & Edwin G. Beu, Jr. Scholarship is to offer financial assistance for tuition and other educational expenses to non-traditional students who are seeking degree completion or retraining at the Mat-Su College.
- Applicant must have a minimum of two years since high school graduation.
- Applicant must have worked prior to enrolling or returning to college.
- Applicant must be either re-entering college to complete a degree or enrolling to re-train for another position in the workplace.
- Applicant must be in good academic standing with a minimum cumulative grade point average of 3.0 (only for those applicants with current or prior college attendance).
- Applicant must be formally admitted into a degree-seeking program at Mat-Su College.
- Applicant must plan on enrolling at least part-time (six credits) at Mat-Su College.
- If necessary, classes may be taken at any of the UAA campuses (Anchorage, Matanuska-Susitna, Kenai Peninsula College, Kodiak College, and/or Prince William Sound) in order to finish the degree program started at Mat-Su College.
- Applicant may be an incoming or continuing student at the Matanuska-Susitna College.
- Applicant must be enrolled in the semester for which the award is made.
- Recipient may continue to receive an annual award until their degree program is completed, provided that they maintain good academic standing with at least a 3.0 grade point average and re-apply each academic year. Recipient may not receive the award more than four consecutive years and/or eight consecutive semesters.