The purpose of the Brian Wick and Hilary Davies Mathematics Scholarship is to provide support for tuition and other related educational expenses to students who are formally admitted to the Mathematics BA or BS degree program at the University of Alaska Anchorage.
Award amount is a minimum $500 per academic year
- Applicant should demonstrate motivation, academic and leadership potential.
- Applicants must be in good academic standing with a minimum cumulative grade point average of 3.0.
- Applicant must be formally admitted into the Mathematics BA or BS degree-seeking program at the University of Alaska Anchorage.
- Applicant must have a 2.75 minimum GPA in MATH prefix courses at UAA.
- Applicants must have completed at least six credits of upper division MATH prefix courses that apply to a math degree requirement at UAA.
- Applicant must be enrolled in two upper division MATH prefix courses listed in the catalog during the semester for which the award is made.
- Applicants must be declared math majors for at least two semesters prior to being nominated for the award.
- Applicant must submit the Self-Certification Form available below.
- Applicant must plan on enrolling full-time (twelve (12) credits) at the University of Alaska Anchorage.
- Applicant may be an incoming or continuing student at the University of Alaska Anchorage.
- Applicant may be a U.S. citizen, non-U.S. citizen, Alaska resident, or out-of-state resident.
- Applicant must be enrolled in the semester for which the award is made.
- Please make sure you meet all of the qualifications above
- Login to UAOnline and complete the Scholarship Application.
- Submit the following information to qualify for this scholarship:
UAA Office of Student Financial Assistance
ATTN: Brian Wick and Hilary Davies Mathematics Scholarship
PO Box 141608
Anchorage, AK 99514-1608
UAA at the University Center
3901 Old Seward
Anchorage, AK 99503