The primary intent of the David Forbes Memorial Scholarship is to establish a scholarship at Kenai Peninsula College to support students in the Bachelor of Liberal Studies Degree Program or one of the liberal arts majoring in the humanities, fine arts, and/or performing arts. The underlying purpose of the scholarship is to assist students in fulfilling their potential as enlightened human beings rather than in fitting them for a particular profession, craft, or career.
Application process & Deadline Information: Please contact Kenai Peninsula College at (907) 262-0300.
- Applicant should demonstrate motivation, academic and leadership potential.
- Applicant must formally admitted in the Liberal Studies Degree Program or in a liberal arts program majoring in the humanities, fine arts, or performing arts at the Kenai Peninsula College.
- Applicants must be in good academic standing with a minimum cumulative grade point average of 3.0
- Applicant must plan on enrolling full-time (twelve (12) credits) at the Kenai Peninsula College, Kodiak by the start of the semester of the award.
- Applicant must have at least Sophomore class standing.
- Applicant must be enrolled in the semester for which the award is made.
- Preference will be given to applicants seeking a Liberal Studies Degree.