The purpose of the Diane Olsen Memorial Scholarship is to offer financial assistance to Junior and Senior students at UAA to help them pay for tuition and other related expenses. Students must be economics students or have a demonstrated interest in economics by the completion of at least 12 credits in economic courses*.
Award amount is a minimum $500 per academic year
- Applicant should demonstrate motivation, academic and leadership potential.
- Applicant must be in good academic standing with a minimum cumulative grade point average of 2.75.
- Applicant must be a student with Junior or Senior standing attending the University of Alaska Anchorage.
- Applicant must be a declared Economic major or have an interest in economics as demonstrated by the completion of at least 12 credits in economic courses.
- Applicant must plan on enrolling full-time (twelve (12) credits for undergraduate) at the University of Alaska Anchorage.
- Applicant must be active in student clubs, student organizations or student governance.
- Preference will be given to non-traditional students.
- Applicant may be an incoming or continuing student at the University of Alaska Anchorage.
- Applicant may be a U.S. citizen, non-U.S. citizen, Alaska resident, or out-of-state resident.
To apply for this scholarship please make sure you meet all of the qualifications above, and then log-in to the secured area of UAOnline to complete the electronic scholarship application.
*Students that are not enrolled as an economics major but have a demonstrated interest in economics as demonstrated by the completion of at least 12 credits in economics courses must outline their interests and include a list of ECON classes they have completed in the text block below in addition to submitting the UAOnline scholarship application. NOTE: Students formally admitted into the Economics major do NOT need to submit this supplemental information and will automatically be considered upon receipt of the UAOnline scholarship application.