The purpose of the Eveline Schuster Memorial Award/Scholarships is to offer financial assistance to cover a student-designated sociology project to be conducted while the student is enrolled at UAA. The award is to encourage creative thinking and excellence in sociology by providing an opportunity for students to collect and analyze data and/or apply sociological perspective to the real world. Ultimately, the award may encourage students to pursue sociology as a career.
There is also a scholarship portion of this endowment, which may be used to cover educational costs, such as tuition and fees, rather than to cover the costs of a project. Please indicate in a cover letter whether you are applying for the award to cover the costs of a project or for the scholarship to assist with educational expenses.
This fund was established in the memory of Eveline Schuster, deceased spouse of retired UAA Sociology Professor Edmund Schuster, Ph.D.
Award amount is a minimum $500 per academic year
- Applicant should demonstrate motivation, academic, and leadership potential.
- Applicant must be in good academic standing with an overall 3.0 GPA and a Sociology GPA of 3.3 or better.
- Applicant must be formally admitted into a Sociology degree-seeking program or Interdisciplinary Masters degree-seeking program with Sociology as one of the disciplines, at the University of Alaska Anchorage.
- Applicant must plan on enrolling full-time (12 credits for undergraduate, 9 credits for graduates) at the University of Alaska Anchorage.
- Applicant must have a minimum Junior class standing.
- Applicant must have been enrolled in at least six (6) credits prior to the semester the award is granted.
- Applicant may be a U.S citizen, non-U.S. citizen, Alaska resident, or out-of-state resident.
- Please make sure you meet all of the qualifications above
- Login to UAOnline to complete the electronic scholarship application.
- Submit the additional information below:
- Applicants must submit a cover letter indicating if they are applying for the scholarship or for project funding.
- All Applicants must submit two (2) letters of recommendation.
- Applicants who are applying for project funding must submit a project budget and statement indicating the project intent.
- Supplemental information must be mailed (or dropped off) to the UAA Office of Student Financial Assistance by the deadline (not postmarked by the deadline). Please submit info in a sealed envelope ATTN: Eveline Schuster Scholarship.
UAA Office of Student Financial Assistance
ATTN: Eveline Schuster Scholarship
PO Box 141608
Anchorage AK 99514
UAA at the University Center
3901 Old Seward
Anchorage AK 99503