The purpose of the Feminist Scholarship is to offer financial assistance for tuition and other educational expenses to female students who show a feminist perspective through their studies at the University of Alaska Anchorage.
The award amount is $1,000 per academic year.
- Applicant must be able to show a feminist perspective through their studies at the University of Alaska Anchorage.
- Applicants must be in good academic standing with a minimum cumulative grade point average of 2.0 for undergraduate and 3.0 for graduate.
- Applicant must be formally admitted into an undergraduate, graduate, certificate, and/or vocational degree-seeking program at the University of Alaska Anchorage.
- Applicant must be enrolled at least half-time (six (6) credits for) at the University of Alaska Anchorage.
- Applicant must be a current student at the University of Alaska Anchorage.
- Applicant may be a U.S. citizen, non-U.S. citizen, Alaska resident, or out-of-state resident.
- Applicant must be enrolled in the semester for which the award is made.
- Please make sure you meet all of the qualifications above
- Login to UAOnline and complete the Scholarship Application
- Submit the supplemental information listed below:
- First, applicants must submit two (2) letters of support that they are directly engaged in research or other creative activity which promotes feminist principles. Letters must be mailed or dropped off to the UAA Office of Student Financial Assistance by the deadline (not postmarked by the deadline). Please submit letters in a sealed envelope ATTN: Feminist Scholarship:
UAA Office of Student Financial Assistance
ATTN: Feminist Scholarship
PO Box 141608 Anchorage AK 99514
UAA at the University Center
3901 Old Seward Anchorage AK 99503
- Second, applicants must submit a brief essay in text box below (250 words max) describing how your studies at UAA show a feminist perspective.