The purpose of the UAA Excellence in Geomatics and Geospatial Scholarship is to provide financial assistance for tuition and other related educational expenses to students currently enrolled in a degree program, including but not limited to the GIS emphasis, remote sensing, geospatial, hydrographic surveying and ocean mapping at the University of Alaska Anchorage Department of Geomatics.
Award amount is a minimum $500 per academic year
- Applicant should demonstrate motivation, academic and leadership potential.
- Applicant must be in good academic standing with a minimum cumulative grade point average of 2.5
- Applicant must be formally admitted into a degree program with preference given to those in the GIS emphasis, including but not limited to GIS, remote sensing, geospatial, hydrographic surveying and ocean mapping at the Department of Geomatics.
- Applicant must plan on enrolling at least full time at UAA (12 credits).
- Applicant may be an incoming or continuing student at the University of Alaska Anchorage.
- Applicant must be enrolled in the semester for which the award is made.
- Preference will be given to students with financial need.
- Please make sure you meet all of the qualifications above
- Login to UAOnline and complete the Scholarship Application