The purpose of the KPC John B. & Mae Hakala Scholarship is to support KPC degree-seeking students planning to pursue a degree in art, nursing or biological sciences.
Award amount is a minimum $500 per academic year
- Applicant should demonstrate motivation, academic and leadership potential.
- Applicant must demonstrate an interest in art, nursing or biological sciences.
- Applicant must be enrolled in a minimum of nine credits per semester.
- Applicant must be in good academic standing with a GPA of at least 3.0.
- Preference in determining the scholarship recipients will be given to freshman and sophomore candidates.
- Applicant must be a resident of Alaska.
- By receiving this scholarship, the recipient is not precluded from applying for multiple or later awards.
For more information on this scholarship, please contact Kenai Peninsula College at 907-262-0300.