The purpose of the Hecla Greens Creek Scholarship Fund is to offer financial assistance for tuition and other educational expenses to full-time students who are majoring in Geology at the University of Alaska Anchorage.
Award amount is two (2) at $3,000 each per academic year
- Applicant should demonstrate motivation, academic and leadership potential.
- Applicants must be in good academic standing with a minimum cumulative grade point average of 2.0.
- Applicant must be formally admitted into an undergraduate or graduate degree-seeking program in the area of Geology at the University of Alaska Anchorage.
- Applicant must plan on enrolling full-time (twelve (12) credits for undergraduate and nine (9) credits for graduate) at the University of Alaska Anchorage.
- Applicant must demonstrate a long term interest in going into the mining industry.
- Applicant may be a U.S. citizen, non-U.S. citizen, Alaska resident, or out-of-state resident.
- Applicant must be enrolled in the semester for which the award is made.
To apply for this scholarship please make sure you meet all of the qualifications above, and then login to secured area of UAOnline to complete the electronic scholarship application.
*In order to qualify for this scholarship please submit the additional information below to supplement the online application.
- Applicants must submit a 300 word essay describing their interest in and experience with the mining industry.