The purpose of the John Russell Gay Memorial Science Scholarship is to offer financial assistance for tuition and other educational expenses to full-time/part-time students who are formally admitted into a Chemistry or Biology degree-seeking program at the University of Alaska Anchorage.
Award amount is a minimum $1,000 per academic year
- Applicant should demonstrate motivation, academic and leadership potential.
- Applicants must be in good academic standing with a minimum cumulative grade point average of 2.0.
- Applicant must be formally admitted into an undergraduate Chemistry or Biology degree-seeking program at the University of Alaska Anchorage.
- Applicant must plan on enrolling at least part-time (six (6) credits) at the University of Alaska Anchorage.
- Applicant may be a U.S. citizen, non-U.S. citizen, Alaska resident, or out-of-state resident.
- Preference will be given to applicants who are Alaska residents.
- Preference will be given to applicants with an interest in microbiology, biochemistry, genetic research, human disease, fish and wildlife diseases or related wildlife or environmental management.
- Preference will be given to applicants who are on active military duty, or have previous military service with an honorable discharge.
- Preference will be given to students of high academic merit and potential achievement, as determined by the university.
- Applicant must be enrolled in the semester for which the award is made.
To apply for this scholarship, please log in to UAOnline and complete the electronic scholarship application.