- Applicants must be enrolled in an AAS or BS Nursing major.
- Applicants must be in good academic standing with a minimum cumulative grade point average of 2.0.
- Applicant must demonstrate financial need with competing responsibilities that limit opportunities to study.
- Applicant may be an incoming or continuing student at the University of Alaska Anchorage.
- Applicant must be full-time (12 or more credits).
- Applicant must be enrolled in the semester for which the award is to be in effect.
- Preference will be given to Alaska Native or American Indian students.
- Preference given to students with dependent children or other dependents.
UAA Ken and Susie Morris Award Scholarship
The purpose of the Ken and Susie Morris Award is to provide support to students in good standing enrolled in an AAS or BS Nursing program at UAA with a preference for Alaska Native/American Indian students. Expenditures from this fund will support student needs to include, but are not limited to: child care, elder care, transportation, a decrease in outside employment hours, and other extraordinary circumstances of the student which have adversely affected academic performance. In other words, the basis for the award shall be financial need in combination with competing responsibilities that limit opportunities to study. Preference may be given to students with dependent children or other dependents at the discretion of the Ken and Susie Morris Award Selection Committee within the School of Nursing.