The purpose of the Kibrik / Bergelson Scholarship is to offer financial assistance for tuition and other educational expenses to Russian students.
Award amount is a minimum of $500 per academic year
- Applicant must be on a student visa from Russia.
- Applicant must demonstrate high academic potential through a well-written application essay and their grade point average.
- Applicants must be in good academic standing with a minimum cumulative grade point average of 3.0. Preference will be given to applicants with higher grade point averages.
- Applicant must be formally admitted into an undergraduate, graduate, certificate, and/or vocational degree-seeking program at the University of Alaska Anchorage.
- Applicant must plan on enrolling full-time (twelve (12) credits for undergraduate and nine (9) credits for graduate) at the University of Alaska Anchorage.
- Applicant may be an incoming or continuing student at the University of Alaska Anchorage.
- Preference will be given to applicants formally admitted into a language, communications, and/or anthropology degree-seeking program. Applicants not in these degree-seeking programs should discuss any related work, for example, relevant courses taken in these three areas, relevant student clubs and/or activities (e.g. debate, student newspaper, language clubs and conversation tables, anthropology club), work as a language tutor, foreign language study at UAA, etc in your scholarship application essay.
- Please make sure you meet all of the qualifications above
- Login to UAOnline and complete the electronic Scholarship Application
For additional information specific to the Kibrik/Bergelson Student Scholarship, please contact:
Dr. Susan Kalina