The University of Alaska Anchorage Music Tuition Waiver Scholarship is a two semester full-time tuition waiver, twelve (12) credits per semester, for the Fall and Spring semesters. This scholarship is limited to first-time students attending the Anchorage campus and who are formally admitted into a Music degree-seeking program.
- Applicant should demonstrate artistic merit, motivation, academic and leadership potential.
- Applicants must be in good academic standing with a high school minimum cumulative grade point average of 2.5 and/or cumulative college grade point average of 2.5.
- Applicant must be formally admitted into a Music degree-seeking program at the University of Alaska Anchorage.
- Applicant must plan on enrolling full-time (twelve (12) credits) at the University of Alaska Anchorage.
- Applicant may be a U.S. citizen, non-U.S. citizen, Alaska resident, or out-of-state resident.
- Applicant must be enrolled in the semester for which the award is made.
- Applicant must be an incoming student, first-time attendance in any campus of the University of Alaska Anchorage system, except for classes in conjunction with high school enrollment.
- Applicant must submit an audio recording with a minimum of five minutes of music. This should include at least two selections of contrasting material that demonstrate your musical abilities.
- Preference will be given to applicants based on the needs of the Department of Music ensembles.
- Preference will be given to incoming freshman students, with specific preference for those who graduated high school the academic year prior to the semester of the award.
- Please make sure you meet all of the qualifications above
- Login to UAOnline and complete Scholarship Application
- Submit the additional information below:
Applicant must submit an audio recording of at least five minutes of music. This should include at least two selections of contrasting material that demonstrate your musical abilities.
Supplemental information must be mailed (or dropped off) to the UAA Office of Student Financial Assistance by the deadline (not postmarked by the deadline). Please submit info in a sealed envelope ATTN: Music Tuition Waiver Scholarship.
UAA Office of Student Financial Assistance
ATTN: Music Tuition Waiver Scholarship
PO Box 141608
Anchorage AK 99514
UAA at the University Center
3901 Old Seward
Anchorage AK 99503