The purpose of the National Defense Transportation Association Arne Michaelsen Scholarship Fund is to offer financial assistance for tuition and other educational expenses to a student who is at attending at least half-time and who is formally admitted into a degree-seeking program at the University of Alaska Anchorage that is transportation or logistics-related.
Recipients will receive a one year membership to National Defense Transportation Association (NDTA) and are encouraged to attend a a minimum of three NDTA functions.
Award amount is a minimum $500 per academic year
- Applicant should demonstrate academic success, leadership potential, and activity involvement.
- Applicants must be in good academic standing with a minimum cumulative grade point average of 3.0.
- Applicant must be formally admitted into a transportation or logistics-related undergraduate, graduate, certificate, and/or vocational degree-seeking program at the University of Alaska Anchorage.
- Applicant must plan on enrolling at least half-time (six (6) credits) at the University of Alaska Anchorage.
- Applicant may be an incoming or continuing student at the University of Alaska Anchorage.
- Applicant may be a U.S. citizen, non-U.S. citizen, Alaska resident, or out-of-state resident.
- Applicant must submit a minimum 250-word essay describing their qualifications for this award.
- Applicant must be enrolled in the semester for which the award is made.
- Applicant must be willing to receive the award in a public forum.
- Please make sure you meet all of the qualifications above
- Login to UAOnline and complete the Scholarship Application
- Submit the additional information in the text box below:
Applicants must submit a 250-word essay describing their qualifications for this scholarship.