The purpose of the Patricia James Memorial Scholarship Fund is to offer financial assistance for tuition and other educational expenses to full-time students for basic research directly related to the study of the history of Anchorage and/or Alaska in general. This research will be conducted under the supervision of the UAA Department of History faculty, who will describe the scope of the work and accept the final product.
Minimum annual award of $500.00
- Applicants must be in good academic standing with a minimum cumulative grade point average of 3.0.
- Applicant must be formally admitted into an undergraduate or graduate degree-seeking program in the area of History.
- Applicant must plan on enrolling full-time at the University of Alaska Anchorage.
- Applicant may be a U.S. citizen, non-U.S. citizen, Alaska resident, or out-of-state resident.
- Applicant must be enrolled in the semester for which the award is made.
For More Information about applying for this scholarship contact:
UAA History Department at