PEO is an international philanthropic and educational women's organization. PEO Chapter K of Anchorage, Alaska offers one $1,000 scholarship ($500/semester which will be sent to the financial aid office) to be used for post secondary education.
- Applicant must be a female currently attending the University of Alaska Anchorage
- Applicant must be a citizen of the United States
- Applicant must have a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0
- Applicant must have a minimum Sophomore class standing as of the Fall of the year being applied for.
To apply for this scholarship, please make sure you meet all of the above qualifications and submit the following information:
- PEO Chapter K Scholarship Application
Letters of recommendation, including at least one personal and one professional/educational recommendation.
- Current resume including volunteer and/or work experience, activities, interests and hobbies, educational experiences and leadership positions
- Copy of your current college transcript
- UAA Authorization to Release Educational Record Form
- Response to essay questions (maximum of 250 words each):
- Who or what influenced your decision to pursue further education and what are your educational goals?
- Describe yourself in a way that will help us know you better, i.e. family background, likes, dislikes, basic values.
Applications should be submitted to:
Maggie Wilkinson, 3021 Concord Lane, Anchorage, Alaska 99502
Fall semester deadline: June 15th of the current year
Spring semester deadline: October 15th of the current year