The purpose of the Pia Denkewalter Memorial Scholarship Fund is to provide scholarships in the memory of Pia Denkewalter who tragically lost her life in a mountaineering accident. This scholarship is limited to officers, enlisted personnel, or immediate family members of the 210th, 211th, and 212th Rescue Squadrons of the Alaska Air National Guard.
Award amount is a minimum $500 per academic year
- Applicant must be a member or an immediate family member of the Alaska Air National Guard 210th, 211th, and 212th Rescue Squadrons.
- Applicant should demonstrate motivation, academic and leadership potential.
- Applicant must be in good academic standing with a minimum cumulative grade point average of 2.0 for undergraduate and 3.0 for graduate.
- Applicant must be formally admitted into an undergraduate, graduate, certificate, and/or vocational degree-seeking program at the University of Alaska Anchorage.
- Applicant must plan on enrolling at least half-time (six (6) credits) at the University of Alaska Anchorage.
- Applicant must be enrolled in the semester for which the award is made.
- Applicant must be an incoming or continuing student at the University of Alaska Anchorage.
- Please make sure you meet all of the qualifications above
- Login to UAOnline and complete Scholarship Application
- Submit the additional information below:
Applicants must submit proof that they are an officer, enlisted personnel, or immediate family member of the 210th, 211th, or 212th Rescue Squadron of the Alaska Air National Guard. Please mail or submit this form to the UAA Office of Student Financial Assistance by the deadline, not postmarked by the deadline.
UAA Office of Student Financial Assistance
ATTN: Pia Denkewalter Memorial Scholarship
PO Box 141608
Anchorage AK 99514
UAA at the University Center
3901 Old Seward
Anchorage AK 99503