The purpose of the Seamus Mawe Memorial Nursing Scholarship is to offer financial assistance for tuition and other educational expenses to full-time students who are formally admitted into a Nursing degree-seeking program at the University of Alaska Anchorage.
Award amount is a minimum $500 per student
- Applicant should demonstrate motivation, academic and leadership potential.
- Applicant must be in good academic standing with a minimum cumulative grade point average of 2.0 and a minimum cumulative Nursing program grade point average of 2.5.
- Applicant must be formally admitted into a Nursing degree-seeking program at the University of Alaska Anchorage.
- Applicant must plan on enrolling at least at full-time (twelve (12) credits) at the University of Alaska Anchorage.
- Applicant may be an incoming or continuing student at the University of Alaska Anchorage.
- Applicant may be a U.S. citizen, non-U.S. citizen, Alaska resident, or out-of-state resident.
- Preference will be given to applicants whose program of study reflects emphasis in community health.
- Preference will be given to individuals who intend to work in rural Alaska or in lesser developed countries.
To apply for this scholarship please make sure you meet all of the qualifications above, and then login to secured area of UAOnline to complete the electronic scholarship application.