The purpose of the Second Bridge Scholarship Award is to provide supplementary funding (such as travel or living expenses) to undergraduate degree-seeking students pursuing structured but non-traditional educational expenses. In particular, this scholarship fund will support student experiences in service-learning, especially when focused on international or domestic development efforts in sustainability and/or social justice. Students receiving funding will be expected to engage in educational outreach upon their return.
Minimum annual award: $1,000
- Recipient must be planning to travel for a service learning project with a credible non-governmental organization.
- Recipient must have a letter of support from a committed faculty mentor/advisor.
- Applicants must be in good academic standing with a minimum cumulative grade point average of 2.0
- Applicant must be an undergraduate student formally admitted into a certificate- or degree-seeking program at the University of Alaska Anchorage.
- Recipient must be enrolled part/full-time at the University of Alaska Anchorage in the semester for which the award is made.
- Please make sure you meet all of the qualifications above
- Login to UAOnline and complete the Scholarship Application
- For details about applying for this scholarship visit http://www.uaa.alaska.edu/engage/Service-Learning/second-bridge-scholarship-award.cfm.