The purpose of the J Van Den Top/ The Superior Group, Inc. Endowed Scholarship is to offer financial assistance for tuition and other educational expenses to students who are formally admitted into the Construction Management or Mechanical Engineering degree-seeking program at the University of Alaska Anchorage.
The intent of this fund is to encourage entrance into the Construction Management and Mechanical Engineering field. Future employment with the company sponsoring this scholarship will be encouraged.
Award amount is a minimum of $500 per academic year
- Applicants must be in good academic standing with a minimum cumulative grade point average of 2.5.
- Applicant must be formally admitted into the Construction Management or Bachelor's in Engineering degree-seeking program at the University of Alaska Anchorage
- Applicant must plan on enrolling at least half-time (six (6) credits) at the University of Alaska Anchorage.
- Applicant may be an incoming or continuing student at the University of Alaska Anchorage.
- Applicant may be a U.S. citizen, non-U.S. citizen, Alaska resident, or out-of-state resident.
- Preference will be given to incoming freshman directly from high school.
- Preference will be given to applicants who demonstrate a financial need.
- Preference will be given to applicants who plan to reside in Alaska after graduation.
- Please make sure you meet all of the qualifications above
- Login to UAOnline and complete the Scholarship Application
- Submit the additional information below:
- Applicant must submit an essay (500 words max) in the text box below describing their desire to work in the construction management or mechanical engineering field.