James "Randy" Moulic
Office: ENGR 227A
- PhD EE, Polytechnic Institute of New
York University, Brooklyn, New York,
- MSEE, University of Illinois,
Urbana-Champaign, Illinois, 1973
- BSEE, University of Illinois,
Urbana-Champaign, Illinois. 1972
- June 1972-August 2012: IBM Corp. Data Systems Division, Federal Systems
Division and the T.J. Watson Research Center, Yorktown Heights, NY.
- Sept 1985 – May 2012: Adjunct professor, NYU-Polytechnic and Columbia, NY
- June 1972 – June 1980: Commissioned Officer, US Army Reserve
Mobile, personal and supercomputing systems architecture and design
- CSE205 - Introduction into C Programming for Engineers
- CSE225 - Assembly Programming for Engineers
Professional and Departmental Service
Fellow. Recognized for “Leadership in
the advancement of technology and architecture of personal and high performance
Computer Society member
2012 IEEE Fellow Selection Review Committee
- U.S. Patents #6,059,842,
and U.S. RE38865, “System and Method for Optimizing Computer
Software and Hardware.” Dumarot, Stevenson, Dono, Moulic, Pickover, Schneider, Smith. May 2000
- U.S. Patent #7,495,519, France Patent #2150827, UK Patent # 2150827,
and German Patent #602008005445.4, “System and Method
for Monitoring Reliability of a Digital System.” D.I. Ki,, J. Kim, M.J. Kim, J.
R. Moulic, H.H. Song.
- “Cell/B.E. Blades: Building Blocks for Scalable, Real-Time,
Interactive and Digital Media Servers,” A. K. Nanda,
J. R. Moulic, R. E. Hanson, G. Goldrian,
M. N. Day, B. D. D’Amora, S. Kesavarapu. IBM Journal of Research
and Development, Volume 51, No. 5, 2007.
- "Highly Parallel Machines at IBM Research,”
J.R. Moulic, Invited Lecture,Proceedings of the 2nd Symposium on High Performance Computing,
Montpellier, France, October, 1991.
- "Direct IC Pattern Generation by Laser
Writing,” J.R. Moulic and W.J. Kleinfelder, 1980 IEEE International Solid-State
Circuits Conference ISSCC80 Digest of Technical Papers #23., 210-211 (1980).