Karl T. Pfeiffer
Office: SSB 368
- Ph.D., Sociology, South Dakota State University, 1993
- M.Ed., Special Education, University of Alaska Southeast, 2010
- M.A., Sociology, Loyola University of Chicago, 1981
- B.A., Psychology, Loyola University of Chicago, 1978
- Social Problems and Solutions (SOC A201)
- Sociology of Deviant Behavior (SOC A343)
- Sociology of Religion (SOC A347)
- Formal Organizations (SOC A407)
- Sociology Capstone (SOC A488)
Professional and Departmental Service
- Faculty Advisor
- Sociology Department Program Assessment Coordinator
- CAS Faculty Promotion and Tenure Evaluation Committee Member
- Volunteer with local non-profit social welfare organizations and public schools.
- Social Problems and Deviance
- Sociology of Education and Special Education
- Formal Organizations
- Applied Sociology and Program Evaluation
- Pfeiffer, Margaret A. and Karl T. Pfeiffer. 2011. “School Picture Day and Self-Concept: A Smile Is Worth The Trouble.” Teaching Exceptional Children Vol. 43(3):50-54. (View).
- “Sociological Solutions to Problems in Education: A Special Needs Charter School Proposal for Anchorage, Alaska,” by Karl Pfeiffer. 2011. Journal of Applied Social Science. (Under review.)
Pfeiffer, Karl. 2010. "A Brief History of the Sociology Capstone Course & Example Syllabus." Syllabus published in TRAILS: Teaching Resources and Innovations Library for Sociology. Originally published 2007 in Capstone Course in Sociology, edited by T. C. Wagenaar. Washington DC: American Sociological Association. (http://trails.asanet.org) (View.)
- "Community Services, Issues and Service Gaps for Individuals with Developmental Disabilities Who Exhibit Inappropriate Sexual Behaviors," by Karen Ward, Jordan Trigler, and Karl Pfeiffer. 2001. Mental Retardation:Vol. 39, No. 1:11-19.
- “A Critical Consideration of the Introduction of Community-Service Learning Projects to Courses in the Sociology of Social Problems.” 2000. The Great Plains Sociologist: Vol. 12, No. 1:22-36.