Recent Amazing Stories
- When Seawolf Dining & Great Harvest Bread Company could assist the Multicultural Center in feeding over 200 students during "Good Morning Seawolves" at this years' Homecoming Great Collaboration!!!
- Theresa Lyons' effective leadership in action!
- Allison Bakumenko, Technical Analyst in the Office of Student Financial Assistance, identified a feature in the Banner Financial Aid update 8.18.1 that will increase the efficiency and the accuracy of awarding APS and AEG in the spring 2014 semester. Allison advocated to the Statewide Financial Aid team for an earlier-than-planned implementation. UAS and UAF were impressed with Allison's vision and agreed. Testing will begin soon.
- Linda Morgan, Theresa Lyons, and Aisha Merced's participation in the UA Scholar and APS Meet and Great. Thanks for your support!
- Eric serving as the AVC of UC Parking Services Thanks for managing the craziness!
- In 5th grade, my teacher had me convinced that when it came to math, there was no chance of my ever learning anything. For many years, I believed her. Last week - 40 years late - at the age of 50, I got 100% on my 2nd test in Math 054. Sorry, Mrs. Newman. You were wrong about me. :)
- I want to give a hug shout out to the On Campus Living Team spearheaded by David Weaver and Maria Bonifacio. Their open mind and eagerness to collaborate with recruitment is really opening to many doors for our departments to create a welcoming space here at UAA that reminds prospective students: "UAA is your second home as your home away from home, we're excited to be partnering in the next chapter of your life's amazing story." On Campus Living is making the statement above a reality. It's so refreshing to see.
- Jess and Paula have done an amazing job with this year's ELP! Great parcipation and retreat.
Creating a culture of CARE! Bruce emailing & responding to first-year students
Viewbook - dynamic & powerful marketing
Cathy Ewing's help to all of us & ultimately what it means for our students
- "Roll Out the Green Carpet" campaign program
- Advising & Testing and Student Information Advisors going above and beyond with service hours.
- Strong Enrollment numbers growth
- Amazing Stories TV Spot "It's All Right Here"
- Enhanced leadership development training for student leaders
- Smoother enrollment process for students
- Mandatory advising - need I say more?
- Spring to fall persistence outreach effort added +600 students
- We're a great team & we need to remember that & use that strength.
- Mandatory advising/orientation
- I'm proud of Sonya Stein as Director of Student Financial Aid. Her approach to the job and students is refreshing and positive every day.
- Great work advancing the Advising ethos: website, hotline, mailers
- Great collaboration between all executive team members (great sense of team)
- Strengthening partnerships with off campus agencies (for example: ACPE, 90% by 2020)
- Dr. Lee inspiring students during Howl Days
- Increased participation in New Student Orientation
- New furniture in the Den
- Third level of ELP
- SHCC CAS Completion
- Registrar's Office audit academic department websites
- Change in Michael Votava's position description and title
- Successful operation of Residence Life without a director
- I think SAAT will change the culture of UAA. That could be it's greatest contribution to the University.
- Increased technology in North Hall
- Myra providing support & data to MAP-Works even while feeling ill
- Bookstore charges available to 10,000 students and went off virtually without a hitch.
- Nancy Meyer's endless support of SAAT in regards to financial needs (office manager, cost center, etc.).
- Theresa Lyon's ability to wear multiple hats with grace, dedication and passion.
- Office of Student Information had a consistent, visible presence on campus during all of add/drop.
- Aisha Merced from NSO fiscal support of four departments as SA undergoes re-alignment; serves to support departments that have vacancies in their cost center positions. No complaints, just professional service.
- Leo Medal stepped up to lead EOC during critical time for the grant. Awesome accomplishments!
- Financial Aid completed their program review with good feedback from the auditors.
- Liz Shine has done a wonderful job bringing new energy and a contemporary look to SA publications.
- Colin Ryan on campus!
- Dr. Lee for co-chairing on the prioritization process.
- The completion of five searches chaired by five Student Development employees.
- Enrollment services presented SLOs for review and initiated evaluation discussions with Whitney.
- Thanks to Dewain Lee for her leadership to the Program Prioritization Process.
- Kim Patterson and Megan Tompkins who met grant objectives and secured continuation of funding.
- Thanks to the Financial Aid team for working as a highly effective team to clear the backlog with Chapter 33 certifications.
- Karen Haddock whose leadership of the DSS Team during transitions periods. Yeah!