The resources below are provided to assist departments and staff as they engage in the assessment process.
Learn what assessment is, the different types of assessment, and principles for good practice.
Assessment Planning Tools & Considerations
Books and Articles
- Assessing Student Learning: A Common Sense Guide, Second Edition, Linda Suski, Banta
- Assessment Practice in Student Affairs: An Applications Manual, John H. Schuh, M. Lee Upcraft
- Student Affairs Provides Departments New Tools to Better Serve Students: Article by Gary Ratcliff, Student Affairs Impact Newsletter, Winter 2009
- Assessment Matters: In Search of the Wizard of Assessment, Terry Piper, About Campus, Vol 12, Issue 5
- Principles of Good Practice for Student Affairs
- Learning Reconsidered, ed. Richard P. Keeling (ACPA/NASPA, 2004): Use this link to download a full copy of this volume.
- Learning Reconsidered 2: Implementing a Campus-Wide Focus on the Student Experience, (ACPA/NASPA, et al., 2006)