On this page you will find links to this quarter's UB activities and several forms that will help you with the planning and decision making that you will have to do this year. Please call or e-mail your advisor using the contact us page if you have any questions or concerns, or if you just want to say "hello". We love to hear from you!
This year can be truly overwhelming, so organizing yourself is very important. Also keep the following things in mind:
- Take the SAT or ACT early in the fall.
- During the first quarter you should narrow your list of colleges to between 5 and 10 and review it with your school counselor and your UB Advisor. Try to include at least one dream school and at least one backup.
- Get an application and financial aid info from each of your schools and note deadlines on your calendar. (Most schools have application deadlines between January 1st and February 15th.)
- In January talk to your UB Advisor and complete your FAFSA form. The FAFSA can be confusing, but it is essential and your advisor can help you with it.
- When you receive your acceptance letters and financial aid award letters, talk with your school counselors or UB Advisors to get help understanding them and using them to make your final decision.