Accreditation Steering Committee Purpose
Institutional accreditation is overseen by the Vice Provost for Undergraduate Academic Affairs, and the Assistant Vice Provost/Accreditation Liaison Officer is responsible for the ongoing communications and reporting the NWCCU. OAA reviewed this structure in Fall 2013 and, because much of the ongoing work with the NWCCU relates to academic programs, it was decided that accreditation should remain where it is currently housed. However, the new accreditation process, which focuses on mission fulfillment, also relies heavily on the work of the Office of Institutional Effectiveness and the institution as a whole.
To ensure broad instititutional participation and sustainability of the accreditation process, UAA has created an advisory group, co-chaired by the Vice Provost for Undergraduate Academic Affairs and the Senior Vice Provost for Institutional Effectiveness.
The Accreditation Steering Committee is advisory and will:
- Provide oversight and guidance regarding the institution's overall approach to accreditation.
- Ensure and guide internal and external communication to keep the campuses and communities informed of and engaged in the accreditation processes.
- Review the Core Themes and indicators in the context of the standards for accreditation and ensure their alignment with UAA goals and objectives.
- Review progress toward mission fulfillment and report areas of success and of concern.
- Meet 3-4 times per year.
Accreditation Steering Committee Membership
- Susan Kalina, Vice Provost for Undergraduate Academic Affairs, Co-Chair
- Renee Carter-Chapman, Senior Vice Provost for Institutional Effectiveness, Co-Chair
- Bogdan Hoanca, Professor, Computer Information Systems, and Graduate Programs Director, College of Business and Public Policy
- Jennifer Brock, Associate Professor, Mechanical Engineering, College of Engineering
- Thomas Dalrymple, Assistant Professor, Accounting, Kenai Peninsula College
- Melodee Monson, Business Manager, Human Services Department, College of Health
- TBA, Student Representative, USUAA
- Jeane Breinig, Associate Dean, Humanities, College of Arts and Sciences
- Paula Martin, Assistant Director, Kenai Peninsula College
- Ron Kamahele, Director, Human Resource Services, Administrative Services
- Dawn Dooley, Associate Dean of Students, Student Affairs
- Megan Olson, Vice Chancellor of University Advancement
Senior Consultants to the Committee:
- Megan Carlson, Assistant Vice Provost and Accreditation Liaison Officer
- Erin Holmes, Associate Vice Provost for Institutional Research
Administrative Support to the Committee:
Kaytlyn Church, Undergraduate Academic Affairs Administrative Assistant
Agendas and Minutes
to view meeting agendas and minutes.