Web site design is largely based on identifying your audience and purpose. This page discusses designing for a specific purpose. Here are some common uses for the Web at UAA. Click the links below for a more detailed discussion.
- Departments and Workgroups need a home page ("business card page") and they might need special project pages.
- Employees need a biography page or a curriculum vitae and they might need personal project or research pages.
- Students should know how to use Blackboard Web pages. Students can use their personal hosting space to publish their own home page or to do Web-related course work.
- Courses use the Web to share curriculum and information. Most courses will use Blackboard. Some courses have special needs that will use Web hosting.
- Events like conferences or guest speakers often disseminate information and take RSVPs online.