Training Frequently Asked Questions
Please review some of the common questions regarding Web Accessibility training.
- I missed the training deadline, is there any way to keep my account active?No. The university has an agreement in place with The Office for Civil Rights and part of it consists of the Accessibility Training. Your account will be re-activated once you complete training.
- What are my options for training?
- How can I maintain my pages if my account is disabled?You can't. There are 250+ users that successfully completed training that may be able to help you. The Technical Support Center is another option.
- I attended training, why was my account disabled?There is a mandatory survey/quiz that goes along with the training that you may have not submitted. Check your email; they were sent out the week of the session you attended and a minimum of one reminder message was sent.
- Why is the survey/quiz required?The surveys help us with the paperwork involved matching your registration, attendance, and OU Campus account (if you have one). They also indicate how well you understood the material and give us general feedback on how we can improve in future years.
- Why do I need this training?The university received a complaint from the Office for Civil Rights (OCR) on behalf of a consumer regarding our website not meeting current guidelines web accessibility. UAA uses a Content Management System (CMS) for online content meaning many people contribute to our website. As part of our resolution agreement with OCR, all CMS users are required to complete the Web Accessibility training.
- Do I have to sign up? Can I just attend?Due to an agreement made, we must show a list of all of our content authors that attended the accessibility training.
- I can't make it to any of these dates, will there be more?
- I attended an earlier session but can't remember the date...?
- Do I need a computer?If it's an online session you do; otherwise you should be okay with just a pen and paper.
- When will my CMS account be deactivated if I don't attend the accessibility training?The deadline for 2019 is May 17th. Your account will be reactivated upon completing the required training.
- Do Open Labs count as my Accessibility Training?No. The Open Labs are to supplement your training and help you to understand and build on the fundamentals you learned during your training session.
- Does Word/PDF Accessibility Training count as my Web Accessibility Training?No. The Word/PDF Accessibility training is to supplement the Web Accessibility Training and will not keep your OU Campus account active or reactivate it.