Accessibility Training Registration
REGISTER FOR ACCESSIBILITY TRAINING
NEW! PDF Accessibility – Testing and Remediation
This training will help users working with PDF documents learn the basics of accessibility checks and how to remediate documents when you find errors in accessibility. We will walk through various types of errors, the remediation of those errors, and what you can do to make sure you are generating the most accessible content possible, regardless of the platform.
Two training sessions are being offered:
- Wednesday, August 21, 1:00 PM-3:00 PM
- Friday, September 6, 10:00 AM-Noon
This training will take place on Zoom web conferencing platform allowing you to work/practice directly from your desktop. Please ensure you have a working webcam, speakers and microphone (or comparable headset) plus protected time to fully participate in training. Captioning will be provided.
After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the meeting. Please plan on joining 5-10 minutes prior to session start to assure tech is working.
This course is designed as an overview on accessibility with an emphasis on OU Campus, the content management system (CMS) used by the University, and steps web authors need to take to ensure their content is universally accessible. Training may be attended in-person or online (via Skype or similar tool) and is required for all OU Campus users to maintain their access. Each session is approximately one hour.
Web accessibility training sessions are offered monthly and you can submit a training request on the CMS Training Request page:
PLEASE NOTE: These training sessions are being offered to ensure all users maintain their annual compliance with UAA's resolution agreement with the Office for Civil Rights. Any of IT Service's OU Campus - Accessibility Training sessions that have occurred after January 1, 2019 fulfill this requirement as well and have already been recorded for those that have attended. Anyone who has not completed accessibility training by May 17 will no longer have access to OU Campus.
Come work on making your web pages accessible. A Web Applications team member will be on hand to help with your headers, alt tags and hyperlinks and talk to you about next steps. All labs are in-person only unless otherwise noted.
- Tuesday, September 17 9:00am - 11:00am @ EIB 401
- Wednesday, September 18 1:00pm - 3:00pm @ ECB 201
- Tuesday, September 24 1:00pm - 3:00pm @ RH 215
- Friday, September 27 9:00am - 11:00am @ ECB 201
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
- Do I have to sign up? Can I just attend?Due to an agreement made, we must show a list of all of our content authors that attended the accessibility training.
- Why do I need this training?The university received a complaint from the Office for Civil Rights (OCR) on behalf of a consumer regarding our website not meeting current guidelines web accessibility. UAA uses a Content Management System (CMS) for online content meaning many people contribute to our website. As part of our resolution agreement with OCR, all CMS users are required to complete the Web Accessibility training.
- I can't make it to any of these dates, will there be more?Yes, IT Services offers Accessibility Training as a companion session to the introduction CMS training that occurs monthly. You can view dates and submit a request on the CMS Training page.
- I attended an earlier session but can't remember the date...?If you've taken the training since January 1, 2019, then you are not required to take the training again. View your training history
- Do I need a computer?If it's an online session you do; otherwise you should be okay with just a pen and paper.