Annual Fund for Excellence
The UAA Annual Fund for Excellence is made possible by alumni and friends of UAA and is designed to award worthy proposals, that demonstrate to donors meaningful value and impact of giving.
- The funds will be used to strengthen UAA’s Accreditation Core Themes.
- Recipients will be required to provide an ongoing assessment of the project progress and outcomes.
All UAA colleges, departments and campuses
High Priority Areas
Preference will be given to proposals that focus on accreditation Core Theme 1: Teaching and Learning or Core Theme 3: Student Success.
- Advance student achievement in meeting course and program student learning outcomes;
- Increase the racial and ethnic diversity of UAA’s student body to more fully reflect Alaska’s demographics;
- Improve first-to-second year first-time, full-time undergraduate student retention rate;
- Improve the Successful Learning Rate of one or more student sub-cohorts;
- Increase graduation rates; or
- Increase graduates’ employment rates.
Funds may not be used for:
- Fundraising events
- Food and/or alcohol
- Retroactive funding
- Replacement staff costs for sabbatical or other leave
- Personal expenses associated with a project such as additional activities (ex. movies, plays), excursions and nonessential materials. Nonessential materials include but are not limited to toiletries, telephone usage, calling cards, clothing, souvenirs and all other items not essential to the successful completion of a project as determined by the selection committee.
The selection committee includes representatives from the following areas: Academic Affairs, Administrative Services, Student Affairs, community campuses, faculty, students and alumni.
Application Process (proposals may request funds in the $5,000 - $50,000 range)
- This is an annual award.
- Application availability will be promoted via UAA email and on the website of the Chancellor.
- Applications will be due to University Advancement by Sept. 16.
- Proposals recommended for approval by the selection committee will be submitted to the chancellor for approval.
- Awards will be announced by Oct. 10. Funds will be available within two weeks.
Current proposal period has ended
Application may still be downloaded here:Annual Fund for Excellence Request Form
Applications should include:
- The completed UAA Annual Fund for Excellence Award Request Form with applicant’s name, department and contact information, project title, project cost total and signatures of applicant, department chair/supervisor and dean/director/vice chancellor
- Brief description of the proposed project and timeline, including description of impact
- Connection to Accreditation Core Themes and High Priority Areas
- Project impact and specific measures of success
- Detailed project budget (1-page limit) with general rationale for requested level of support
Please submit all request forms and documentation to:
Chris Triplet, at email@example.com.
3211 Providence Drive ADM 236
Anchorage AK 99508
Once formal award notification is received, it is the responsibility of the awardee to complete the required budget forms. These forms must be completed within four weeks of award notice.
Recipients are required to submit a one-page report to University Advancement at the end of each semester, detailing the progression of the project and its impact. Failure to report in a timely manner compromises UAA’s ability to report back to donors and will flag a recipient ineligible for future consideration for support from the Annual Fund for Excellence.
For more Information
Questions can be directed to donor relations manager KaLynn Coffey, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
In order to view PDF files on your computer, you must have a PDF reader program installed. If you do not already have such a reader, you can download a free reader at Adobe's website: Download Adobe Acrobat Reader Software