The University of Alaska Anchorage (UAA) is located in the largest city in the United States’ only Arctic state, and as such we seek to leverage our position in the “gateway to the Arctic” to broaden understandings of the Arctic among Alaskans as well as citizens and colleagues across the nation and circumpolar north and policymakers at the local, state, national and international levels. UAA faculty, students and staff at engage in a broad array of activities around Arctic issues and topics, from research to creative activities to teaching and learning.
Please visit the following pages to learn more about UAA’s work in and on the Arctic, and how you can get involved!
Arctic Expertise at UAA
- UAA and the University of the Arctic
- UAA study abroad opportunities via the north2north exchange program
- Upcoming Arctic-related events at UAA
- Arctic Fulbright opportunities for faculty
- UAA and the University of Tromso
For more information or to suggest additions to these pages, please contact
Advisor to the Chancellor on Arctic Research and Education
Office: UAA Institute of Social & Economic Research