UAA Campus is Open
We are pleased to report the UAA Anchorage campus will open on Wednesday, Dec. 5, following last Friday's earthquake. The Chugiak-Eagle River Campus will remain closed, but classes will resume in alternative locations. Students should check UAOnline for their new meeting location. As you return to campus, we encourage you to check the web page uaa.alaska.edu/earthquakerecovery for important safety tips and resources about how to submit work requests to facilities for repairs. Please continue to check our Facebook and Twitter accounts for updates.
PBAC Charge & Expectations
The Council’s charges and expectations include the following:
- Provide overall guidance and leadership on the continuous improvement and refinement of UAA’s planning and budgeting processes;
- Provide guidance and direction on the implementation and refinement of budgeting principles and methodology;
- Advise the UAA administration on the specific principles, priorities, and allocation criteria that would guide our annual resource allocation decisions as well as allocation and utilization of facilities and technology-related resources;
- Create effective linkages and relationships between our planning and resource allocation and utilization processes;
- Promote transparency and accountability in our priority setting and resource allocation and utilization decisions; and
- Ensure meaningful participation by appropriate governance groups of our university community in this critical administrative leadership area.
The Council is advisory to the Chancellor and his cabinet. Ex-officio members will serve while they are in the position or governance role they currently hold. All other appointees will serve on the Council for a two-year term.