You are using an outdated browser. Please upgrade your browser to improve your experience.
Administrative Management Reviews
The purpose of expedited administrative management review is to provide an opportunity for input to UAA’s administrative management structure. The review, to include executives and senior administrators, will occur in conjunction with similar reviews taking place at Statewide, UAF, and UAS. The purpose is not to review individual incumbent performance or compensation, as that is the role of each administrator’s supervisor and human resources. Instead, the process is intended to advise the Chancellor as to the relative need for, and possibility to combine or eliminate, administrative management positions and structure which could, to the extent possible, contribute to budget savings.
- Draft process developed and submitted to Chancellor for review: December 11, 2020
- Chancellor's decision on the process: December 16, 2020
- Administrative Management notified: December 21, 2020
- Administrative Management submit their reports: February 5, 2021
- CPAB Review dates: February 5 - March 26, 2021
- Recommendations to Interim Chancellor: March 26, 2021 April 9, 2021
- Opportunity for community feedback following submission to the Chancellor
- Chancellors Response August 20, 2021
UAA Expedited Administrative Management Structure Review Process
- The Campus Planning Advisory Board would lead the review process, with its co-chairs, the Provost and Vice Chancellor for Administrative Services, abstaining from any participation in the process. Instead, the Co-Leads for the process will be: Ryan Buchholdt and Scott Downing.
- At the initial meeting of CPAB serving as the review committee, members of the committee may agree to amend the process with the approval of the Chancellor
- The review committee shall conduct expedited reviews of the attached list of administrative positions, including the classification of EX and FR/FN, plus a limited number of Associate Vice Chancellor positions as deemed to be equivalent to FR/FN. The management under review shall provide reports to the committee containing the following information:
- Basics of the position, including each of the following (no more than 5 pages for items i-viii):
- Job description
- Primary short-term responsibilities or initiatives of the position
- Primarily long-term responsibilities or initiatives of the position
- Manner in which the position engages with peers across the UA system
- Type and nature of regulatory activities for which the position has primary responsibility on behalf of UAA
- Description of how the position is critical to the academic mission of the university.
- Nature of non-administrative responsibilities (for positions less than 100% administrative)
- Number and type of positions supervised, including key considerations that differ between employee types. Org charts recommended.
- Findings made to the Chancellor as a result of the review shall be:
- Strongly affirm administrative management position
- Affirm administrative management position
- Recommend modifying position to increase efficiencies and/or enhance mission centrality
- Recommend restructure or merger of positions
- The committee shall begin its work upon approval of the process and final list of positions to be reviewed by the Interim Chancellor. The committee shall deliver a report to the Chancellor that includes a summary of its findings.