At The Bookstore
The Textbook team at the UAA Bookstore works behind-the-scenes to compile course information from each academic department, negotiate with publishers, order books and other course materials, receive shipments and - along with our student textbook aides - label and stock the shelves. We're talking literally hundreds of course adoptions,thousands of books and a whole lot of labor - all to make it easier for you to access and purchase the items you need to succeed in every class offered by the University.
Providing textbook rental options to students allows you to take advantage of the educational opportunities offered here at UAA and to participate fully in your learning experiences - while saving you money!You can save up to 50% off by renting your textbooks instead of purchasing them.
Want to know what textbooks are available to rent this semester? Locate your book in the store (it will say "Available to Rent" on the shelf card) or check the online ordering system (if rent-able it will be noted)
- Authorization FormUnless authorization is received, federalfinancial aid (Title IV) cannot be used to covernon-institutional charges such as: housing deposits and damages, parking permits, late and non-returned textbook rental fees, parking fines, library fines, returned check fees, health center charges, late fees or any other charges not directly tied to a class. If you would like to have these items placed on your account, you must complete theTitle IV Authorization Form and return it to email@example.com.
Be sure to read the Rental Agreement. This is what you are agreeing to when you rent a textbook.
Did you know you could charge your textbooks to your student account?
Now more and more students are able to charge textbooks and supplies to their student account!
The benefits of charging to your student account is that it's easier to pay off everything when it is all in one place - tuition, textbooks, parking permit, etc - in one lump sum or in smaller monthly payments. You can even use your financial aid to help pay it off!
For the current semester's charging dates, please see the Important Dates section on our homepage. You can also save time by calling the Bookstore to check your eligibility in advance, 786-4759
The Bookstore receives updated eligibility lists from Accounting Services several times a week. If you have only recently paid off old bills, or registered for classes late, it may take 2-3 days before you are added to the list and able to charge to your account.If your application to UAA hasn't finished processing or you haven't turned in all of the necessary paperwork (transcripts, GED certification etc) you will need to contact Accounting Services (786-1440) to request an exception to the policy.Please note that the book charge period ends the Monday following the add/drop deadline. Payment for any and all bookstore charges is due by the payment deadline and are subject to the same late fees as tuition, fees and housing. Your first refund check may precede your bookstore charges, be sure to check your account prior to the payment deadline to be sure it is paid in full.
- Your Student account must be in good standing with no financial holds
- You must be registered for at least 3 credits through the Anchorage campus
- You must be accepted as a degree-seeking student at the Anchorage campus
- Student must bring a valid UAA ID with you at the time of purchase
- Any exceptions to these rules MUST be pre-approved by Accounting Services 907-786-1440
How It Works:
- Come to the bookstore in person with your current, UAA ID card within the designated charging dates (see Bookstore home page for current semester's dates)
- Shop for your textbooks and school supplies - up to $1,000 in textbooks and $50 in supplies
- Rental textbooks are authorized for student account charges
- Head to any register and let the cashier know that you want to charge to your student account
- Pay your account off at the same time you pay for your tuition and other fees
Save time by ordering your books online (rentals too)! You can beat the crowds the first days of class and get first shot at Used Books.
How it Works:
- First Shot at Used Books - we fill our online orders before we open up to the public for in-store sales. By reserving your books online in advance, you'll get first shot at any used copies of the books that we have!
- Beat the Crowds - The first few days of school can be pretty hectic here at the Bookstore. When you order online, you can avoid the line all together! Order your textbooks!
Pickup at Either Store Location
You can skip the line all together and just pick up your order at either of our two store locations (Main Campus & the UC)
Skip the Trip
Another option is to have your books mailed directly to your home. That way you can come in later when the crowds have died down to pick up the latest in UAA gear!
Bought your e-book from us, but don't know how to access it?
To activate your ebook, you'll need to use the activation code from your receipt when you purchased the ebook. Keep in mind that once your e-book is activated, it cannot be returned.
Done with that Calculus book? Sell it back to us at the end of the semester for some quick cash!See if we're buying back a particular book.
- The Bookstore now offers perpetual buyback. We offer top dollar in cash to buy your textbooks back, and we can pass savings on to the next student to buy the book. Buyback puts money back in your pocket and increases the number of used books that the Bookstore is able to carry for the next semester.
Perpetual Buyback Facts
1. What is perpetual buyback?
Perpetual buyback means that we will now be buying books back all year long. We'll continue to do the big buys at the start and end of each semester, but if you can't make it during that time, you'll still be able to sell them back to us later.
2. Best time to sell your books?
The best time for you to sell your books will always be at the end of each semester during our Big Buys (finals week). That's when we are buying books that will be reused the next semester. But if you can't make it in during the Big Buys, you still have a chance to sell them back. Once the new semester starts or once we have bought back all the copies we need, you may not get as good of a deal.
3. Loose leafs?
We will now be buying back selected loose-leaf textbooks! There will be special signs on our textbook shelves letting you know when you buy it whether or not it will be on our list to buy back at the end of the semester.
4. Are we buying back your book?
Search our website in advance to find out if we are buying your book and how much you'll get for it! You can even search multiple ISBN's at once. http://bookstore.uaa.alaska.edu/UAA1/buyback.aspx
5. Buyback alerts?
Want us to send you a note when we are buying back one of your books? Register online and we'll set you up! http://bookstore.uaa.alaska.edu/UAA1/buyback.aspx
In order to view PDF files on your computer, you must have a PDF reader program installed. If you do not already have such a reader, you can download a free reader at Adobe's website: Download Adobe Acrobat Reader Software