The Textbook Team works behind-the-scenes to compile course information from each academic department, negotiate with publishers, order books and other course materials, receive shipments, and - along with our student textbook aides - label and stock the shelves. This represents hundreds of course adoptions and thousands of books - all to make it easier for you to access the items you need to succeed in every class offered by the University.
- Textbook Rentals
- Charge Your Account
- Online Reservations
- E-book & Access code Activation
- Textbook BuyBack
Save up to 50% in textbooks.
Rent your books for a semester and save up to 50% in textbooks. Just make sure you return your rental on time to avoid late fees. For each semester's rental due date, please see the calendar on our homepage or call 907-786-4759.
Want to know what textbooks are available to rent this semester? Locate your book in the store (it will say "Available to Rent" on the shelf card) or check the online ordering system (if rentable it will be noted)
- Title IVUnless authorization is received, federal financial aid (Title IV) cannot be used to cover non-institutional charges such as: housing deposits and damages, parking permits, late and non-returned textbook rental fees, parking fines, library fines, returned check fees, health center charges, late fees or any other charges not directly tied to a class. If you would like to have these items placed on your account, you must complete theTitle IV Authorization Form and return it to email@example.com.
Be sure to read the Rental Agreement. This is what you are agreeing to when you rent a textbook.
Charge textbooks and supplies to your student account
It's easier to pay off everything when it is all in one place - tuition, textbooks, parking permit, etc - in one lump sum or in smaller monthly payments. You can even use your financial aid to help pay it off.
For the current semester's charging dates, please see the Important Dates section on our homepage. You can also call the Bookstore to check your eligibility in advance at 907-786-4759
The Bookstore receives updated eligibility lists from Accounting Services several times a week. If you have only recently paid off old bills or registered for classes, it may take 2-3 days before you are able to charge to your account.If your application to UAA hasn't finished processing or you haven't turned in all of the necessary paperwork (transcripts, GED certification, etc.) you will need to contact Accounting Services at 907-786-1440 to request an exception to the policy and be allowed to charge to your account.Please see our Important Dates section on our homepage for the ending of the charge period. Payment for any student account charges (including, but not limited to, textbooks, tuition, fees, and housing) is due by the payment deadline. Unpaid charges are subject to the same late fees as tuition, fees, and housing. Your first refund check may precede your bookstore charges, be sure to check your account prior to the payment deadline to be sure it is paid in full.
- No financial holds: All charges from previous semesters must be paid off. Current semester charges are OK.
- Must be a UAA student: You must be registered with UAA. UAF or UAS students don't qualify.
- Must be done in person: The student charging his/her account must be present. Charging is available at the main campus and UC bookstores only. Charging is not available at branch campuses.
- Must have a UAA ID: The Wolfcard must belong to the student charging his/her account.
- Any exceptions to these rules must be pre-approved by Accounting Services 907-786-1440
How It Works:
- Come to the bookstore in person with your current, UAA ID card within the designated charging dates (see Bookstore home page for current semester's dates)
- Shop for your textbooks and school supplies - up to $1,000 in textbooks and $50 in supplies
- Rental textbooks are authorized for student account charges
- Head to any register and let the cashier know that you want to charge to your student account
- Pay your account off at the same time you pay for your tuition and other fees
Save time by ordering your books online, rentals too! Beat the crowds and get first shot at Used Books.
How it Works:
- First Shot at Used Books - we fill our online orders before we open up to the public for in-store sales. By reserving your books online in advance, you'll get first shot at any used copies of the books that we have.
- Beat the Crowds - The first few days of school can be pretty hectic here at the Bookstore. When you order online, you can avoid the line altogether. Order your textbooks here
Pickup at Either Store Location
You can pick up your order at either of our two store locations.
- Main Campus: 2901 Spirit Way, Anchorage, AK 99508
- University Center Mall: 3901 Old Seward Highway, University Center #142, Anchorage, AK 99503
Another option is to have your books mailed directly to your location. That way you can come in later when the crowds have died down to pick up the latest in UAA gear!
Shipping for textbooks is $15 per semester. We ship using USPS Priority Mail.
For questions about your online textbook order: firstname.lastname@example.org or 907-786-4759
Note: Because student account charges must be done in person, you cannot reserve your books using your student account.
Bought your e-book from us, but don't know how to access it?
To activate your ebook, you'll need to use the activation code from your receipt when you purchased the ebook. Keep in mind that once your e-book is activated, it cannot be returned.
Done with your book? Sell it back for cash!Check if we're buying your book back
- The Bookstore now offers perpetual buyback. We offer top dollar in cash to buy your textbooks back, and we can pass savings on to the next student to buy the book. Buyback puts money back in your pocket and increases the number of used books that the Bookstore is able to carry for the next semester.
Perpetual Buyback Facts
1. What is perpetual buyback?
Perpetual buyback means that we will now be buying books back all year long. We'll continue to do the big buys at the start and end of each semester, but if you can't make it during that time, you'll still be able to sell them back to us later.
2. Best time to sell your books?
The best time for you to sell your books will always be at the end of each semester during our finals week. That's when we are buying books that will be reused the next semester. If you can't make it in during the Big Buys, you still have a chance to sell them back. Once the new semester starts or once we have bought back all the copies we need, you may not get as good of a deal.
3. Loose leafs?
We will now be buying back selected loose-leaf textbooks! There will be special signs on our textbook shelves letting you know when you buy it whether or not it will be on our list to buy back at the end of the semester.
4. Are we buying back your book?
Search our website in advance to find out if we are buying your book and how much you'll get for it. You can even search multiple ISBN's at once. http://bookstore.uaa.alaska.edu/UAA1/buyback.aspx
5. Buyback alerts?
Want us to send you a note when we are buying back one of your books? Register online here: http://bookstore.uaa.alaska.edu/UAA1/buyback.aspx
In order to view PDF files on your computer, you must have a PDF reader program installed. If you do not already have such a reader, you can download a free reader at Adobe's website: Download Adobe Acrobat Reader Software