UAA Surplus & Relocation supports the campus community with property removal, sales and moving.
UAA Surplus offers items for sale through GovDeals, an online auction platform. Open to the public, GovDeals has a variety of office supplies, furniture and equipment available for purchase via online auctions. To see what is specifically available from UAA, search for "University of Alaska Anchorage" in the search bar. (Faculty and staff, please see the Surplus & Relocation intranet site for your departmental needs.)
Surplus & Relocation Services for Faculty & Staff
Surplus & Relocation offers UAA departments services to assist in moving, disposing of office furniture and equipment, or searching for gently used office furniture and equipment. For more details regarding purchasing surplus items for your department, relocating, or giving items to surplus, see the intranet website:
Assets likely to be reallocated internally will be placed first in the UAA Internal Reallocation Tier. There is a link to the GovDeals site and a Universal Login available on our UAA Surplus page. Any UAA employee can login using the Universal Login and view items. However, only specific individuals are authorized to CLAIM items off the Internal Reallocation page for departmental use to allow for better internal controls. This list includes building managers, Facilities Project Managers, and departmental staff noted on department signature cards. If your departmental property custodian is incorrect or there is not one listed for your department, please contact LynnAnn Briske, UAA Property Coordinator, at firstname.lastname@example.org to update your departmental authorized signature card. Departments may also request additional accounts be set up.
Note that the process for surplus computers to be reallocated internally remains the same - departments should contact UAA ITS for information on any computers available for internal reallocation.
- Surplus Property Disposition
- Property Transfer:Property Transfer: Enables the Property Office to remove tagged items from inventory. Required for any tagged item (on a department's physical inventory) to be taken by Surplus or transferred to any UA department.
- Property Disposal Property Disposal Required for SALE of items. Department's may not sell University property without prior authorization to ensure all requirements are followed for allowable sale methods. Submit to Kim Stanford, Director, UAA General Support Services.
- Authorization for Off-Campus Use
- Property DestructionProperty Destruction Required for disposing of property via recycling (e-recycle, metal recycling, etc), or landfill. Submit to Kim Stanford, Director, UAA General Support Services.
- Property ManualProperty Manual: The University of Alaska Statewide Property Manual
- Gov Deals UAA Universal Login (To be used by UAA employees only – students are not allowed to claim UAA Surplus internally, only through public sale)
Go to www.govdeals.com
Use the “Sign In” feature (Do not register – that is only for public sales.)