How to Apply for Student Housing
Students interested in joining the On-Campus Living Community should complete an online Housing application available on their UAOnline student account. Space is assigned on a “first-come, first-served” basis, so it is best to submit your application as early as possible.
Steps to apply for Campus Housing:
- Log in to UAOnline
- Choose Student Services and Account Information
- Choose Campus Housing and Dining
- Choose UAA Campus Housing and Dining
- From your Housing Self-Service page, click on the Applications and Forms button at the top of the page and choose the correct application
- Carefully review the Housing Agreement and sign at the bottom with your mouse or with your finger if you're using a touchscreen
- Click Continue and answer the Personal Information questions.
- Click Continue and add your Living Requests.
- Under Request Type choose Room Preferences and rate your room type preferences on a scale from 1 being your first choice up through 8.
- Click Continue and you'll be taken to the payment portal where you can pay the non-refundable application fee and the $300 refundable deposit (please note, your application is not complete until you have made these payments)
- Once you've made the payment, your application is complete. You will receive a confirmation email once your application has been processed (usually within seven days).
Availability of applications on UAOnline:
- Applications for an upcoming academic year open in February.
- Applications for spring semester open in October
- Applications for summer sessions open in March
Intentions Applications for Current Housing Residents
Each year in the spring, current housing residents have the opportunity to tell us their plans or "intentions" for the next academic year and let us know whether they are returning or not returning in the fall. During Intentions Week, students who plan to return to campus next year can agree to a new contract and choose their room type preferences. Intentions Week for the upcoming 2017/2018 Academic Year is April 10-17. Residents who let us know they are not planning to return, but decide later they would like to live on campus can fill out a new application, but will need to pay the $60 new student application fee.
Please visit the Intentions page for more information about Intentions Week.
Students can request and connect with roommates through their UAA Housing Self Service page on UAOnline. In order to be eligible to make roommate requests, students must first have applied for student housing and received a confirmation that their application has been processed. Roommate request periods are open during specific times for upcoming semesters, and students who have applied for housing will receive additional information via email about the dates they are eligible to request roommates.
Please note that since room assignments for new students entering in the spring semester are dependent on mid-year cancellations, roommate requests for spring can only be accomodated if space allows. Students who would like to make a roommate request for the spring semester should email the UAA Housing Office (online roommate requests are not available for the spring semester).
For details on how to make roommate requests, please watch the video below:
Who can live in on-campus housing?
UAA’s on-campus housing is home to approx. 800 residential students. To be eligible to live on-campus during the fall and/or spring semesters, you must be enrolled in a minimum of nine (9) credits each semester for undergraduates and three (3) credits each semester for graduate students. As the Housing community is a scholastic environment, resident students are expected to make academic progress throughout the school year.
At this time, UAA does not have co-ed or family housing available.