University of Alaska Anchorage campus will be closed September 24, 2021 beginning at 6:40 AM, due to weather. Students and employees should check their email for more information. The university will remain closed for the weekend and reopen on Monday morning.
The Alaska Airlines Center will be open Saturday, September 25, for the home volleyball match that afternoon.
Maintenance & Operations
To report maintenance needs, please call Work Management at 786-6980. After regular hours, please contact UPD at 786-1120.
Our personnel provide the following services to the campus:
- Plumbing & HVAC maintenance
- Electrical maintenance
- Carpentry and painting services
- Building Automation and Energy Management
- Grounds and Landscaping
- Transportation and Shuttle services
- Custodial Services
- Fleet Maintenance
OUR MISSION is to provide safe, comfortable, attractive and sustainable environment and transportation services for our campus users.
OUR VISION is to provide our users the best service possible.
OUR STRATEGY is to:
- Recognize our strengths - our people
- Survey our customers and seek continuous improvement
- To measure our performance versus our plan
- Explore how other Universities Operate evaluate their success
- Define and Refine our Best practices
- Take full advantage of available resources
- Seek best value in our acquisitions
OUR VALUES ARE:
- Being Responsible, Honest and Trustworthy
- Working Together as a Successful and Respected Team
- Listening to and be Respectful of Others
- Providing Prompt, Professional, and Quality service
- Being Inspired to Learn and Grow Professionally
- Celebrating Success
- Working Safely
- Having fun
- Placing Decision Making as Close to the Customer as Possible
- Providing the Best Possible Customer Service
The Anchorage campus is home to over 70 different types of trees. To experience the wide variety our Landscaping team has developed a self-guided Tree Tour.
The tour begins in the "West Parking Lot", adjacent to the Lake Otis/Providence Dr. intersection. The tour goes in a circular direction and ends back at the parking lot.