Visit the UA coronavirus information website to learn how the University of Alaska is responding to the novel coronavirus/COVID-19 situation and find links to communications, policy guidance and resources.
Shuttle Safety Info
Things to remember...
- Be prepared to present your Wolfcard upon request of the driver to verify ridership access.
- STAY OUT OF THE DANGER ZONE (15-feet from the bus in all directions) at all times.
- For rider and pedestrian safety, shuttles will ONLY pick up riders at designated shuttle stops. Don't attempt to "flag-down" or "chase" a shuttle bus after it has departed a shuttle stop...that is a VERY DANGEROUS SITUATION for you and the driver.
Waiting for a Seawolf Shuttle...
- Stay a safe distance from the pick-up/drop-off curb.
- Wait to approach the shuttle until the shuttle has come to a complete stop and the door has completely opened.
- Stay clear of the wheels until the shuttle has come to a complete stop.
Boarding/Disembarking the Seawolf Shuttle...
- Always use the handrails and take one step at a time. Stairs can be slippery and using handrails can help keep you from falling!
On the Seawolf Shuttle...
- Keep the aisle and exits clear.
- It's safer to place backpacks and other gear on your lap or in the empty seat next to you, not around your feet.
- Remain seated until the shuttle comes to a complete stop andyou are prepared to disembark at a campus shuttle stop.