On Dec. 11, our Facilities and Campus Services team was made aware of a pothole that shut down the westbound lanes of Northern Lights Boulevard between UAA Drive and Career Center Drive. It has since been upgraded to a sinkhole, and the lanes will remain closed for an undetermined amount of time while crews repair the damage. We anticipate the closure will extend through the week.
Finals week is a very stressful time for students. Students, please know that your professors have been made aware of the situation. Please communicate with them any delays you may experience due to this issue. We know this is an unexpected traffic challenge. Please take a deep breath. We want you to have a smooth and safe finals week.
Shuttle Safety Info
Things to remember...
- Be prepared to present your Wolfcard upon request of the driver to verify ridership access.
- STAY OUT OF THE DANGER ZONE (15-feet from the bus in all directions) at all times.
- For rider and pedestrian safety, shuttles will ONLY pick up riders at designated shuttle stops. Don't attempt to "flag-down" or "chase" a shuttle bus after it has departed a shuttle stop...that is a VERY DANGEROUS SITUATION for you and the driver.
Waiting for a Seawolf Shuttle...
- Stay a safe distance from the pick-up/drop-off curb.
- Wait to approach the shuttle until the shuttle has come to a complete stop and the door has completely opened.
- Stay clear of the wheels until the shuttle has come to a complete stop.
Boarding/Disembarking the Seawolf Shuttle...
- Always use the handrails and take one step at a time. Stairs can be slippery and using handrails can help keep you from falling!
On the Seawolf Shuttle...
- Keep the aisle and exits clear.
- It's safer to place backpacks and other gear on your lap or in the empty seat next to you, not around your feet.
- Remain seated until the shuttle comes to a complete stop andyou are prepared to disembark at a campus shuttle stop.