Invoice approval process
To begin please choose either fund one or fund two:
*Please note a completed copy of the invoice approval form and all attached documents will be sent to all recipients once Accounts Payable has approved the submission.
As of February 9, 2018, UAA Accounts Payable and Travel will accept invoice approvals through our Docusign process with the new invoice approval form.
PLEASE NOTE: If you are not familiar with DocuSign, or are a bit nervous about this process, please feel free to start off using it with your easier invoices, and simply print the more difficult invoices and process as you normally would, until you are comfortable with the process. It's likely we will have issues we need to work out, and as we get your questions and feedback, we will figure out solutions. We want this to be a positive experience for everyone and we are more than willing to work out issues as they arise. Thank you for your patience and understanding as we try to find more efficient ways to process the University's payables.
For all Purchase Order (PO) payments a valid, unexpired, PO number is required for all invoice submissions to Accounts Payable. If you have a requisition with Procurement, please wait until the PO is created to submit the invoice. If the PO requires a Change Order, please also wait until it is complete.
Determine whether your PO is encumbered to a general fund (fund one) or a restricted fund (fund two). This can be found on banner screen FGIENCD. For restricted funds (fund two) a grant approver may be required and the P.I. is required to approve all invoices for contractual services (3000 account codes).
- In the new window that appears, enter the parties required to approve your invoice.
- Click "Begin Signing" and you will be taken to the form. In the top, right corner,
attach scans of the invoice, backup travel documents, foreign vendor forms, Representational Expense Allowance Form , or additional backup if necessary. A PO copy is not necessary. If the correct backup
is not attached your invoice approval submission may be declined by Accounts Payable
and a new submission will be required with the correct backup.
- Complete the form. To view the encumbrance in Banner please use screen FGIENCD. If you need additional
lines for the FUND/ORG/ACCT you can download a Microsoft Word Additional FUND/ORG/ACCT or an Adobe PDF Fillable Additional FUND/ORG/ACCT. Please attach it to the form. You may also use a custom document to show your summary.
- If you are paying from a Blanket Purchase Order (BPO) you can use the Microsoft Word Vendor BPO invoice summary or Adobe PDF Fillable Vendor BPO invoice summary. Please attach it to the form. You may also use a custom document to show your summary.
- If you make an error, or your invoice approval is declined, UA DocuSign account holders
will be able to restart the process by logging into their DocuSign account. Non-account
holders will have to restart the process. If you are interested in a free UA DocuSign
account, visit the OIT website for more information.
- You request can be declined for a variety of reasons. You will receive an email from DocuSign with our message of why it was declined.
If you need assistance with this process, please contact us.
for additional information
Please use our DocuSign PowerForm to request a status of a submitted invoice. We will provide a response at our earliest convenience.Request Invoice Status Update
In order to view PDF files on your computer, you must have a PDF reader program installed. If you do not already have such a reader, you can download a free reader at Adobe's website: Download Adobe Acrobat Reader Software