A Purchase Order (PO) is needed for all invoices to be paid through the Accounts Payable
system. Please see Procurement Services for assistance. Please make sure the PO number is included on the invoice before
it is submitted to Accounts Payable for timely payment.
All invoices to be paid through Accounts Payable require the following for payment
to be processed:
- Review invoice for accuracy and consistency with PO description.
- Write OK to pay and sign the invoice with the date.
- Email approvals are allowed, after you have received & reviewed the invoice for accuracy.
- "OK to pay":
- Vendor Name
- Invoice Number
- PO Number
Ok to pay Watermark Consulting invoice 18-002 for P0518516.
- For restricted funds payments for professional services the approval must be signed
by the P.I. and must have specific verbiage:
- My signature below, certifies that I approve payment of this invoice and that the
charges appear reasonable, and progress to date on this project is satisfactory and
in keeping with the statement of work.
Instructions when sending your Invoices.
- A valid, unexpired PO number must be written on each invoice, not in an attached document
- The PO must have sufficient funds to cover the full amount of the invoice(s).
- If additional items are ordered on the same PO, the invoice cannot be paid until additional
funds are added to the PO to create a match.
- Invoices for one company cannot be paid to an affiliate company. The vendor name on
the invoice and on the departmental PO must agree.
- Payments for invoices requiring department’s approval will not be released until the
department approves the receiving document sent to them.
- Invoices for foreign vendors require the completion of a W-8BEN (for individuals)
and W-8BEN-E (for entities) available on the IRS website. A Foreign Status Determination
Form available in Accounts Payable should also be completed. These payments may be
subjected to withholding tax.
Submit to the office by:
- email: email@example.com
- Please include the Vendor name, invoice number and PO number in the subject line for
- fax: 907-786-1445
- hand deliver: University Center, Room 104
- 3801 Old Seward Highway, Anchorage, AK 99503