Good news, Seawolves! The Administration/Humanities Building is officially open for normal business and classes as of Monday, Oct. 14. Thanks to faculty and staff for their flexibility working from temporary locations and students for their flexibility attending courses in alternate classrooms.
Special thanks to our amazing Facilities and Campus Services team and partners AMC Engineers, Vannoy Electric, North Form and Lake View for their work to get the building back up and running so quickly.
Changing Default Application for PDF Files
This article will provide directions for easily changing what application is used to open PDF files on computers running Windows 7, Windows 8/8.1, or OS X.
Steps to Resolution
Windows 7 - Adobe Reader
Select a PDF file and right-click on the file, select Open with and then select Choose default program.
- Select Adobe Reader and verify that Always use the selected program to open this kind of file has been checked, then click the Ok button.
Windows 8 / 8.1 - Adobe Reader
- Select a PDF file and right-click on the file, select Open with and then select Choose default program.
- Verify that Use this app for all .pdf files has been checked, then select Adobe Reader.
OS X - Adobe Reader
- Select a PDF file and right-click on the file, select Get Info.
- Under the section Open with the current default application for opening PDF's is listed.
- Click the application listed to display a drop-down menu displaying additional applications. Select Adobe Reader.
- Back in the Info window click the Change All... button so that all PDF files will be opend by Adobe Reader.
- You will see a confirmation dialog box asking to confirm you'd like to change your
settings. Click Continue.