Sample Promotion Spuds
These are ways you can display events from 25Live on your web page other than the Calendar Views. To add any of the below types of Calendars to your webpage use the 25Live Promotion Spud snippet. All Calendars will auto resize to fit the space they are in. Below explains where to get the values that are needed in the snippet.
- Type: the type of promotion spud you want to use. The value to be used is listed as the Snippet Type above each preview listed below.
- Calendar Web Name: the name that identifies that web calendar feed from 25Live publisher to be used. If you do not have access to publisher to look this up you can submit a request to UAA IT Services, they will need to know the 25Live name of your calendar.
- Teaser Base: the URL for the full/main version of this calendar. This is required
for the hyperlink on the Event Name, goes to full details of event, and the "Go To
Calendar" to work. Since Promotion Spuds are only intended to show small selection
of events on a calendar it is recommended to always have a page where the full version
of the calendar is published using the 25Live Calendar by Views snippet. If you do
not intend to have a full version of your Calendar you have two options for how you
- use another calendar from 25Live publisher that has a full version published, such as one of the UAA Master Calendars. For this to work you must make sure that your events are always added to this other calendar or the hyperlinks for the Event Name will not work.
- Edit the setting for these features for the promotion spud you are using in 25Live Publisher. They should be under the Settings tab, in the section Display Options. One is "Event Title Link" which you should set to "None". The other is "Footer calendar link label" which you should remove any value for and leave blank.
When you first add it to your web page it will get the default settings seen below. There are many settings for each Promotion Spud such as what fields are shown, date format, font sizes, font colors and more. Length can also be controlled by limiting the number of events it displays. Settings are by Spud and the calendar they are populated from. So you can have one calendar using more than one Promotion Spud on different web pages. You can also have two calendars using the same Promotion Spud with different settings on each calendar. All Settings for Promotion Spuds are done in 25Live Publisher.
Snippet Type = daysummary
Snippet Type = upcoming
Snippet Type = eventslider
List by Month Upcoming
Snippet Type = listbymonthupcoming
Snippet Type = upcomingphoto
Note: If Event image exists, it will show as a thumbnail to the left of the Event Text. Similar to the Date Icons on the Upcoming Events spud.
Snippet Type = upcomingpreview
Upcoming Date Table
Snippet Type = upcomingdatetable
Upcoming Fader List (wait 6 seconds to see)
Snippet Type = upcomingfader
Snippet Type = upcominggrouped
Note: If event is reoccurring, it will list all occurrences beneath the Event Location.
Snippet Type = upcomingtable
Upcoming Vertical Crawler
Snippet Type = upcomingvcrawler