Microsoft Office 365
Office 365 combines the familiar Microsoft Office desktop suite with cloud-based versions of Microsoft's communications and collaboration services - including Office Web Apps, Office desktop applications, SharePoint, Teams, and Skype for Business to help individuals be productive from virtually anywhere through the Internet.
Additionally, Office 365 gives you the ability to install the full version of Microsoft Office for Mac and/or Windows on up to 5 personal computers, plus 5 mobile phones, and 5 tablets at no cost. Students are also now able to use Skype for Business for Instant Messaging, Audio/Video calling, and have the ability to create and participate in Skype web conferences. Each individual affiliated with the university will also have 5 Terabytes (TB) of storage for their use through OneDrive for Business provided by Office 365. Live document sharing and editing is now available through Office 365 with the familiar Microsoft Office applications.
Visit the Microsoft Office Training Center to get started with learning all of the new tools in Office 365.
Office 365 LoginLogin to Office 365
Access your Office 365 services and resources by logging into the Office 365 portal page with your UA email address (e.g. UaUsername@alaska.edu) and password. Only UaUsername@alaska.edu will work for accessing Office 365. Attempting to use a vanity or preferred email address formats such as firstname.lastname@example.org, or legacy UAA, UAF, or UAS email domains (e.g. UaUsername@uas.alaska.edu) will not work.
What applications/services are available?
All faculty, staff, and students receive the following applications via the university's Office 365 tenant.
Collaborate with Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and OneNote online
Install desktop and/or mobile versions of Microsoft Office your personally owned devices
Securely store files online, accessible from anywhere with Internet connectivity (5 TB capacity)
Instant messaging, online meetings, voice and video conferencing, and screen sharing
Web content creation, document management and collaboration
Teams brings together people, conversations and content - along with the tools that teams need - so they can easily collaborate to achieve more.
Online portal used to post and stream videos within specific organizations and groups
Create surveys, quizzes, and polls, and easily see results as they come in.
- Mobility: Work from virtually anywhere using trusted Office applications across your favorite devices – Windows, Macs, and mobile devices – and seamlessly move and work with your Office documents locally on your device or in the online environment.
- Collaboration: Collaborate with teammates, partners, and/or students with documents that are always up to date and accessible from almost anywhere.
- Communication: Skype for Business/Teams serves as your communication and presence hub making it easy to see when someone is available, connect via instant message, audio or video calls and host online meetings.
- Content Management: SharePoint Online makes it easy to set up and manage online communities, wikis and blogs, make customized forms and create and manage content and documents.
- Free Software: The Office 365 ProPlus program allows current University of Alaska faculty, staff and students to download the latest versions of Microsoft Office software at no cost.
Who can get it
|Affiliation||What Apps/Services You Receive|
|Faculty & Staff||Office Online, OneDrive for Business, SharePoint Online, Skype for Business, Teams, Stream, Forms, and Planner to name a few.|
|Students||Office Online, OneDrive for Business, SharePoint Online, Skype for Business, Teams, Stream, Forms, and Planner to name a few.|