Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
We’re here to answer any and all alumni questions. Not seeing what you’re looking for? Give us a call at 907-786-1942 or send an email to email@example.com.
- How do I request a transcript?To receive a copy of your academic transcript, please contact the Office of the Registrar.
- What does an Alumni WOLFcard provide?WOLFcards provide discounts to Seawolf Athletics, Bookstore deals, UAA/APU Consortium Library access and savings to UAA campus events. Click here for full details.
- Where are you located?The Alumni Center is located in the Social Sciences Building right by the Kaladi Brothers Coffee shop. Click here for a map.
- Where can I park?Parking is available in the UAA/APU Consortium Library lot or the SSB parking garage. Paid parking is enforced from 7:30 a.m. to 7:30 p.m. Monday-Thursday but is free at all other times. For information on Park n’ Pay rates, check with Parking Services.
- Are there scholarships for alumni coming back for another degree?Yes. See our complete list of scholarships available. For more information on scholarships, including when and how to apply, please visit the UAA Scholarship Resource page.
- Are there scholarships for children of alumni?Yes. We do have a UAA scholarship with a preference for students who have a legacy to UAA. The First Fruits Scholarship for Working Students gives a preference to graduates from high school in Alaska or have legacy to UAA through their parents.
- Is there a discounted tuition rate for children of alumni?Yes. Regardless of the state of residence, children of UAA alumni qualify for Alaska Resident tuition. For the application form and more information, visit the Resident Tuition page.
- Are there membership dues to join the Alumni Association?No. Our association is completely free!
- How do I join the UAA Alumni Association?You are automatically a member after graduation unless you choose to opt out.
- How do I update my information?You can update your information with the Alumni Relations on the Contact Update form. If you are not receiving our magazine or emails, we may not have your most recent contact information.
- How do I stay connected?Be sure we have your updated contact information. This will ensure that you receive our publications. Contact the Alumni Relations office about serving on a board or volunteering at a campus event or fill out our online Volunteer Interest form.
Follow us on Facebook! The UAA Alumni Association Facebook page is a great way to keep up to speed on what’s going on around campus, alumni events, alumni news and more.
- How do I obtain a copy of my degree?Please visit the Registrar’s Degree Services page for information on how to get a copy of your diploma. You may also contact Degree Services directly at 907-786-1480 option 5 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- How do I obtain a transcript?
Please visit the Registrar’s Transcripts & Enrollment Verifications page for more information on how to request an official or unofficial transcript. You may also contact Records directly at 907-786-1480 option 5 or email@example.com.
- I am interested in continuing my education at UAA. Who can I talk to about academic
advising?For more information on advising, please visit the Academic Advising website or contact the advising team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- How do I learn about campus events?
Follow the UAA Alumni Association on Facebook for more information about upcoming alumni events.
Check out the UAA Master Calendar for upcoming student, staff, faculty, and public events.