This morning, our Facilities and Campus Services team was made aware of a pothole that shut down the westbound lanes of Northern Lights Boulevard between UAA Drive and Career Center Drive. It has since been upgraded to a sinkhole, and the lanes will remain closed for an undetermined amount of time while crews repair the damage. We anticipate the closure will extend through the week.
Finals week is a very stressful time for students. Students, please know that your professors have been made aware of the situation. Please communicate with them any delays you may experience due to this issue. We know this is an unexpected traffic challenge. Please take a deep breath. We want you to have a smooth and safe finals week.
College of Engineering Scholarships
All of the following scholarships require completion of the UAOnline Scholarship Application. In addition, some them also require additional qualifications or supplemental items, like essays. Scholarship titles with an asterisk (*) require some form of supplemental, additional information, beyond completing the UAOnline Scholarship Application.
Important reminder: Some scholarships state a preference for applicants to meet criteria conditions or provide additional information. We encourage you to still submit this information in order to increase your score in the ranking process.
General Engineering Scholarships
- NACE International Alaska Section/BP Scholarship
Civil Engineering Scholarships
Computer Science Scholarships
Electrical Engineering Scholarships
- Excellence in Geographic Information Systems Scholarship
Mechanical Engineering Scholarships
Project Management Scholarships
For information on additional Project Management national scholarships and resource information, please visit the College of Engineering Project Management Scholarship webpage, maintained by the College of Engineering staff.
Additional UAA Engineering Scholarship Opportunities
- The UAA College of Engineering is pleased to announce the Engineering Dean's Excellence Award, a 4-year scholarship, $3,000 per academic year, available to top graduating high school seniors. This scholarship is open to high school seniors who have applied for admission to UAA, designating College of Engineering, have submitted seventh semester high school transcript, along with SAT or ACT test scores. Please refer to the link above for additional high school GPA and curriculum details. Click here if you need to "Apply for Admission" to UAA College of Engineering.
- University of Alaska Statewide Engineering Scholarships: These scholarships are open to engineering students attending any UA campus. The main scholarship application, available via UAOnline, is the same one students fill out to apply for UAA Foundation Scholarships. You must submit the UAOnline application once per academic year, by the Feb. 15th deadline, in order to be considered for both UA and UAA Foundation scholarships. UA Statewide Foundation Scholarships may require supplemental information. Specific requirements can be found on the University of Alaska Statewide Foundation Scholarships website.
External Scholarships / Grants
For additional information on non-UAA scholarship, fellowship, research, and grant opportunities available to UAA College of Engineering students and faculty, please click the button provided below to access details.
Other Awards and Opportunities
- CRW Engineering Group Willy Van Hemert Engineering & Geomatics Scholarship - DEADLINE MARCH 31st!
- Alaska Public Works Association Scholarship - DEADLINE MAY 1ST
- Alaska Power Association Hank Nikkels Scholarship for Engineers
- PMIEF - Scholarship and Awards
- BP Scholars
- C. Harold Wirum Scholarship (for West High Graduates) -
- Dr. Alex Hills Engineering and Civic Engagement Award
- URS Arctic Engineering Graduate Fellowship
- Livingston Slone Applied Research in Health Project Management Award
- John Hilpert Award
Have Questions About Paying for College?