The eLearning Luncheon is a proud UAA tradition. Hosted for over a decade by the Academic Computing, Distance Learning, Instructional Technology, and eLearning committee, the eLearning Luncheon introduces exciting and cutting-edge faculty technology initiatives to support student learning at UAA.
- 2021 eLearning Luncheon
2021 eLearning Luncheon
For over a decade, this luncheon has been dedicated to introducing exciting and cutting-edge faculty initiatives to support student learning at UAA. This year’s theme is “Online Community and Innovation: Taking the Distance out of Distance Education.” Our program included a keynote on Self-care for Educators and presentations on innovative online teaching strategies being used at UAA by Drs. Ray Ball, Mark Fitch, and Mary Dallas Allen.
- Hattie Harvey & Sara Buckingham, UAA Psychology Department
- Ray Ball, UAA History Department
- Mark Fitch, UAA Mathematics
- Mary Dallas Allen, Social Work
- 2020 eLearning Luncheon
2020 eLearning Luncheon
For over a decade, this luncheon has been dedicated to introducing exciting and cutting-edge faculty initiatives to support student learning at UAA. This year’s theme is “eLearning Luncheon 2020: Vision for an accessible future at UAA,” with presentations on the Wayfinder navigation tool for visually impaired students, with faculty peer-to-peer learning sessions on improving accessibility for students, and a panel discussion on ways that students experience accessibility in their courses. The Academic Computing, Distance Learning, Instructional Technology, and eLearning (ACDLITe) Committee would like to invite you to attend the 2020 eLearning Luncheon, generously sponsored by UAA Information Technology Services and Academic Innovations and eLearning.
- Heather Swanson, Assistive Technology Specialist, Disability Support Services
- Veronica Howard, UAA Psychology Department
- Heather Nash, Academic Innovations & eLearning
- Cindy Trussell, Kodiak College Natural Sciences Department
- Corrie Whitmore, UAA Department of Health Sciences
- 2019 eLearning Luncheon
2019 eLearning Luncheon
The 2019 theme was “We ♡ Educational Technology,” with presentations on the Blackboard Ally course accessibility tool, classroom technology/video conferencing, and a student-led session on textbook affordability and student success.
- Blackboard Ally & Course Accessibility - Devin Feighan & Dana Haff, UAA Academic Innovations & eLearning
- Classroom Tech & Video Conferencing - Adam Paulick, UAA IT Services
- The Case for Open Educational Resources at UAA - Nile Morris, UAA Student, President of the Society for Inclusion & Equality
- Textbook Transformation Fellows 2019 - Veronica Howard, UAA Textbook Affordability
- 2016 eLearning Luncheon
2016 eLearning Luncheon
The 2016 Faculty eLearning Luncheon will be held on February 19th from 11:30am to 1:00pm in Lucy's at Cuddy Hall
The theme of this year's event is " The Future of eLearning at UAA" with a keynote address by UAA CIO Pat Shier.
- ePortfolio: How can ePortfolio be used programmatically and how can students benefit, lead by Heather Caldwell
- elearning: Title 3 Grant and services it will provide, lead by Heather Nash
Appetizers and door prizes provided by UAA Academic Innovations and eLearning
- 2015 eLearning Luncheon
2015 Faculty eLearning Luncheon
Presentation Slides by Author:
- 2014 eLearning Luncheon
2014 Faculty eLearning Luncheon
- Faculty eLearning Luncheon Announcement.
- Streaming Video of Dave Dannenberg's opening comments - video no longer available
- Streaming Video of Michael Votava's Presentation - video no longer available
- Paul Wasko's Prezi Presentation "Academic Integrity and ePortfolios" - video no longer available
- 2012 Faculty Technology Fair
A SOLD OUT SUCCESS!!!!
Post-event survey results - report no longer available