Becky WhiteAdjunct Professor of Art
- M.S., Counseling Psychology, Alaska Pacific University
- M.A., Studio Art, Northern Arizona University, Oxford University
- B.F.A., Graphic Design, Northern Arizona University
- M.Ed., School Counseling, Northern Arizona University
Becky Ann White is an Adjunct Instructor of Art History at University of Alaska Anchorage. Her teaching experience includes History of Western Art I & II (2012-present), and Art Appreciation (2014-present). She holds a BFA in Graphic Design from Northern Arizona University (her BFA show concentrated on synesthetic blending of text, and nature imagery, influenced by Kandinsky and Magritte); a Master of Arts in Studio Art, Painting and Drawing with a minor emphasis in Art History from Oxford University (England) and Northern Arizona University (her Thesis and its accompanying artwork (charcoal color pastel) concentrated on psychologically inspired benevolent critter portraying a disturbing inner life journey, inspired by Franz Marc, pulp fiction, film noir and Walt Disney); Master of Education, emphasis in Counseling and Guidance from Northern Arizona University (her Thesis concentrated on skill building using the arts, accompanying artwork included graphite renderings of natural objects such as leaves); and, Master of Science in Counseling Psychology from Alaska Pacific University (Intern sites included in-patient mental health hospital settings, The Vet Center, the Anchorage Police Chaplain’s pastoral counseling site, and Providence Horizon House).
She is a Licensed Clinical Therapist (Mental Health), in which she utilizes Art Therapy and other artistic and therapeutic techniques for the best interest of her patients, and she has been doing this work since she graduated from Alaska Pacific University in 2000. Her current academic endeavor is that of obtaining a Gerontology Minor, as she is moving into Geriatric counseling. She is combining this with her research and artwork (pastel, graphite, exploring various other mediums) into a cohesive exploration of Dementia, and the psychotic journey of Delirium.
- Art Appreciation
- History of Western Art I
- History of Western Art II
Professional & Department Service
- Adjunct Professor of Art History, University of Alaska Anchorage, Anchorage, Alaska
- Art History Instructor, Providence Horizon House, Anchorage, Alaska
- Student Grader, University of Alaska Anchorage, Anchorage, Alaska
- Art History Aide, University of Alaska Anchorage, Anchorage, Alaska
- Gallery Assistant, Kimura Gallery, Anchorage, Alaska