You are using an outdated browser. Please upgrade your browser to improve your experience.
- M.F.A., Visual Arts, The Art Institute of Boston
- B.A., Journalism, University of Georgia.
Garry Mealor moved to Anchorage, Alaska in 1994 from Florida where he was on the faculty of the Ringling School of Art and Design. Garry is currently an Associate Professor of Art for the University of Alaska Anchorage Art Department. Garry’s paintings have been selected in more than 190 national and regional exhibitions in 35 states, 44 college/university galleries and 37 museum exhibitions. A short list of exhibitions include the European Museum of Contemporary Art in Old Barcelona, Anchorage Museum of History & Art, Society of the Four Arts (Palm Beach, FL.), Neville Public Museum (Green Bay), University of Florida, Springfield Museum (Missouri), University of South Dakota, Boston University, University of North Dakota, Mississippi Museum of Art, Fine Arts Museum of the South (Alabama), University of Kentucky, Maryland Federation of Art, Florida State University, Muchenthaler Cultural Center (California), and the Holter Museum (Montana). A recipient of several grants and awards including a Pollock-Krasner Foundation Grant, Florida Individual Artist Fellowship and Alaska State Council on the Arts Grant. Garry’s paintings are in the permanent collections of the Anchorage Museum of History & Art, Alaska Arts Council, Florida Arts Council, Neville Public Museum, Tampa Public Arts Council and the Florida Artist Collection (Orlando). Garry received his Bachelor’s Degree in Filmmaking (ABJ) from the University of Georgia and a Masters of Fine Arts Degree (6/07) from the Art Institute of Boston at Lesley University.
- Beginning Drawing
- Intermediate Drawing
- Advanced Drawing
- Beginning Watercolor
- Intermediate Watercolor
- Advanced Watercolor
Professional & Department Service
- Coordinator, Foundations
- Coordinator, Drawing and Watercolor
- Course and Curriculum Committee
- Bachelor of Fine Arts Committee
- CAS Curriculum Committee
- Hugh McPeck Student Union Gallery Advisory Board Member
Metro Montage XVIII National Exhibition, Marietta/Cobb Museum, GA
- John Singer Sargent Award/Master Status, Transparent Watercolor Society of America, Wisconsin
- Chancellor’s Award for Excellence in Teaching, University of Alaska Anchorage, Anchorage, Alaska
- Distinguish Teaching Award, University of Alaska Anchorage Alumni Association, Anchorage, Alaska
- Visual Arts Grant, Pollock-Krasner Foundation, New York, New York
- Visual Arts Grant, Alaska State Council on the Arts