- 1981: Ph.D. in Applied Statistics, University of California at Riverside under Dr. C. A. Robertson. Dissertation Title: Functional Equations Associated with Markov Models for Labor Mobility and with Distribution Theory.
- 1979: M.S. in Statistics, University of California at Riverside
- 1974: B.Sc. in Applied Mathematics, Physics, and Chemistry; University of Ceylon, Colombo, Sri Lanka
Characterizations of Distributions Based on Order Statistics
Stochastic Modeling for Labor Mobilities
Modeling Environmental Issues
Career History/Work Experience
- August 2013 - Present: Professor of Statistics in the Mathematics & Statistics Department at the University of Alaska, Anchorage.
- June 2007 – July 2013: Chair of Mathematical Science Department at the University of Alaska Anchorage. Responsible for the overall direction of Mathematics, Computer Science and Statistics programs in the Department.
- July 2002 – August 2013: Professor of Statistics in the Mathematical Sciences Department at the University of Alaska Anchorage.
- July 1992 – June 2002: Associate Professor of Applied Statistics in the Mathematical Sciences Department at the University of Alaska Anchorage.
- August 1987 – June 1992: Assistant Professor of Applied Statistics in the Mathematical Sciences at the University of Alaska Anchorage.
- Fall 1985 – Spring 1987: Adjunct Professor in the Department of Marketing and Management Science at the California State University in San Bernardino, California.
- July 1979 – December 1984: Assistant Statistician in the Department of Entomology at the University California in Riverside.
- August 1975 – June 1979: Teaching Assistant in the Department of Statistics at the University of California in Riverside.
- March1974 – June 1975: Applied Mathematics Lecturer at Alexandra College, Colombo, Sri Lanka.