Applying to the MS Clinical Psychology Program
The application deadline for the Master of Science in Clinical Psychology is March 1st.
The Clinical Psychology graduate program accepts students for Fall admission only. If you are accepted into the program, you must register in the Fall semester or your admission will be rescinded and you will be required to reapply.
UAA's Department of Psychology is not able to accept applications of admission from visa holders that would require the sponsorship of the University of Alaska Anchorage.
General application instructions and information for prospective students are available at the UAA Graduate School. Please note that the M.S. in Clinical Psychology has its own graduate application deadlines and admission requirements and these take precedence over general admissions instructions.
To be considered for admission to the M.S. in Clinical Psychology, you must submit an electronic application (with application fee) on or before March 1st. We can only consider complete applications including: three letters of reference, transcripts, CV or resume, and a Letter of Intent. After reviewing application materials, the Admissions Committee may contact you for a phone interview. Successful applicants will be given an admissions offer by April 15th. You will have until May 1st to accept the offer.
To apply for the M.S. in Clinical Psychology
Go to the application page by clicking on the Electronic Application button below and follow instructions for completing your profile.
As part of your application, you must supply the following:
- Graduate Application for Admission. Visit the UAA Admissions site and click the “how to apply” link, read over the information under the Graduate tab and follow the links to Start an Application.
- Once the Application Profile has been created the application for admission is ready
to be initiated. For the Program Selection page choose the following options:
- Level - Graduate
- Campus - Anchorage Campus
- College - College of Arts & Sciences
- Degree - Master of Science in Clinical Psychology
- Major - Select Clinical Track OR Behavior Analysis Track
- Select the semester you plan to attend classes - Choose the Fall semester
Complete the remaining Application Sections and once the application is completed and submitted, a checklist of the following required supplemental items will show up in your application portal:
- Prerequisite Coursework
- License Information and Criminal History
- Letter of Intent. Save your Letter of Intent as a PDF and upload it to your application.
- Transcripts. Provide official transcripts reflecting ALL undergraduate and graduate level courses and conferral dates for all bachelor and master degrees.
- Resume/Professional Vita outlining your educational experiences, related occupational experiences, honors, research activities, and presentations or publications. Save your resume or vita in PDF format and upload it to your electronic application.
- Three Professional References. Applicants will be asked to provide email addresses for each person providing a reference.
The person providing a reference will be contacted via email to upload their letter
through the electronic application portal. Letters of reference can only be accepted
For best success, applicants should ask for letters of reference well in advance to give those providing references time to write and submit their letters by the March 1st deadline, and encourage them to look for the auto-generated email from the electronic application portal. The strongest references are from academic professors who can attest to your critical thinking and academic abilities AND/OR from supervisors in work, volunteer, or research experiences. Do not submit references from friends or family members.