Applying to the MS Clinical Psychology Program
The application deadline for the Master of Science in Clinical Psychology is March 1st.
The Clinical Psychology graduate program accepts students for Fall admission only. If you are accepted into the program, you must register in the Fall semester, or your admission will be rescinded, and you will be required to reapply.
General application instructions and information for prospective students are available at the UAA Graduate School. Please note that the M.S. in Clinical Psychology has its own graduate application deadlines and admission requirements and these take precedence over general admissions instructions.
To be considered for admission to the M.S. in Clinical Psychology, you must submit a complete application with the application fee paid to UAA Enrollment Services on or before March 1st. We can only consider complete applications including: three letters of reference, transcripts, CV or resume, and a Statement of Goals. After reviewing application materials, the Admissions Committee may contact you for a phone interview. Successful applicants will be given an admissions offer by April 15th. You will have until May 1st to accept the offer.
To apply for the M.S. in Clinical Psychology
Go to the application page by clicking on the Electronic Application button above and follow instructions for completing your profile.
As part of your application, you must supply the following:
- Application processing fee. This will be collected online when you are applying.
- Statement of Goals. Save your Statement of Goals to a PDF and upload it to your application.
- Resume or CV outlining your educational experiences, related occupational experiences, honors, research activities, and presentations or publications. Save your resume or CV to a PDF and upload it to your application.
- An official transcript of all undergraduate and graduate studies documenting all degrees. Instructions for sending transcripts.
- Three Letters of Reference. You must provide email addresses for each referee and the referee will be asked to upload their letter of reference through the electronic application portal. Ask potential referees well in advance to give them time to submit their letters of reference by the March 1st It is also helpful to have them look for the auto-generated email from the electronic application portal. The strongest references are from academic professors who can attest to your critical thinking and academic abilities and from supervisors in work or research experiences. Do not submit references from friends or family members.
Instructions for Sending Transcript To UAA
Official Transcripts: are those transcripts that are provided to UAA directly by the issuing institution in a sealed envelope or through a secure electronic provider.
Final: All grades and degrees are posted. There is no "in progress" work or future enrollment posted. (Partial transcripts are accepted, but a final is required before admission is complete.)
Do not email your transcript as an attachment to UAA. Electronic transcripts are only accepted from secure digital transcript services such as Parchment or the National Student Clearinghouse.
Mail an Official Paper Transcript:
UAA Office of Admissions
3211 Providence Drive, UC 106
Anchorage, AK 99508-4614
Secure Electronic Transcript:
Transcripts can be sent directly from the issuing institution to UAA Admissions through a secure electronic transcript service. Direct the service to send transcripts to:
Official non-US high school (excluding US military) or post-secondary transcripts must be submitted to World Education Services (WES). Do not submit foreign transcripts directly to UAA. WES will analyze international coursework/degrees and provide US equivalents to UAA.
If you have questions about the UAA M.S. Clinical Psychology Program, please contact Dr. Gloria Eldridge at email@example.com or 907-786-1623. If you have questions about the application process, please contact Katie Brandenburg at firstname.lastname@example.org or 907-786-4717.