Master of Science in Clinical Psychology
Graduate faculty members have determined a set of desired educational outcomes for students receiving a Master of Science degree (MS) in Clinical Psychology at UAA. These outcomes state that:
- Students graduating with an MS in Clinical Psychology should have a broad knowledge of contemporary Psychology, with special emphasis on Clinical Psychology.
- Psychology graduate students should develop a specialty focus in clinical Psychology: either (a) psychological research or (b) clinical competence.
- Graduates display acceptable skills in research analysis (including writing, mastery of APA style, and computer literacy).
- Graduates achieve competence in basic clinical skills sufficient to practice under general supervision.
- Students graduating with an MS in Clinical Psychology report satisfaction with the program (including types and times of course offerings, evaluation of faculty, academic and career advising).